Re: Another Kit Kat complaint thread
steelyrick

I have been to the Verizon store twice and still have problems. I went to a Best Buy with a Samsung tech rep there and he "doesn't have the update for my particular phone". It's an S4! Two days ago my phone was working beautifully and now it is totally worthless. Reboots about every 20 minutes, drains the battery in about an hour (of no usage). Some of you have suggested a Samsung problem and not Verizon. Ridiculous. I am into a two year agreement with VERIZON and it appears I'm going to have to buy a new phone. If I have to buy a new phone, it won't be with Verizon and I WILL NOT PAY AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE. I will also invoice Verizon for the burner phone I am being forced to buy because of I cannot be without a phone. If more people feel like me, Verizon won't think that is only a "Samsung problem".

0 Likes
piccolotsk
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Kit Kat upgrade turned my awesome S4 into a barely mediocre phone that I no longer love! After the upgrade, the life is being sucked out of my battery and S voice no longer works. I can no longer make calls or send texts using a bluetooth device, a bad thing when you live in Illinois and now hands-free is the law! Verizon told I can't remove the upgrade so I am stuck! I have done the wipe cache partition several times and turned off almost every app except the absolutely necessary ones. Verizon accused me of adding new apps to my phone after the upgrade, which I didn't do. If anyone finds a solution, I would love to know about it! Considering ditching both Verizon and Samsung!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Use your head!

Samsung made your device, Google makes the operating system, Verizon just like Best Buy, Walmart, Costco or any other retailer sells the devices. You have an issue with Samsung & Google

You will pay your early termination fees, or your credit will be ruined. That decision will be yours. Verizon is not going to give you a free phone, they are not going to buy it back they are just going to warranty the device as per the terms of service you agreed to. That is it.

If you think you have a case against Verizon take them to court.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Patience_Gone
Contributor - Level 3

Hey steelyrick...Here's what Verizon did for me.  This solution my save your credit and help you enjoy your phone again.  I'm loving mine. My GS4 is working better than ever.

2 days ago, Verizon sent me a replacement phone, because...well because Kit Kat turned my phone into a useless piece of crap.  When I got the new phone it still had Jellybean on it, before installing the Kit Kat upgrade, (removed)

Rooting discussion removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Skyke101
Enthusiast - Level 3

Duplicate post - please see:

Re: Battery drain/charging issues, not sending texts, and no 4g network after system update?

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes