Re: Another Android 4.3 Loss-MY NAVIGATOR
BirdOnTheBeach
Contributor - Level 1

For anyone who might be interested and didn't see it in the earlier reply, here is a link to an EXCELLENT article on the loss of the very popular Google navigator that used to be EASY and now is not...

Google messes up Android navigation

Be sure to read the comment section, one of the commenters did a GREAT job of detailing the losses. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Item 7 isn't a problem for me. I have switched to another app and kept the navigation running in the background.

For 8 if I happen to exit from navigation, a quick voice command in Google Now gets me back in. Why are you touching the screen anyway while driving. I thought the idea was to be hands-free.

If you REALLY don't like the app changes, COMPLAIN to GOOGLE. They and they alone are the one who has to change the code for that app.

Perhaps I'm alone in this, but I personally like the improvements in the Maps app including the merging of Navigation and I wouldn't go back to the previous version.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BirdOnTheBeach
Contributor - Level 1

I am glad it is working for you.  It is not working for me.

I have complained to Google.  For all the good it does.

Bottom line for me is, I chose the phone because of the easy navigation.  I don't have that any more, and am ditching the phone.  I might as well buy a free-standing navigator that will always work the way I want it to, and no Cloud Company can decide to take it away from me without asking.

0 Likes