Android 5.0.1 for SAMSUNG Galaxy S5?
TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

What is VZW's time frame to release Android 5.0.1 for the SAMSUNG Galaxy S5?  Given all of the reported issues with Android 5.0, I would hope that Verizon would make this a priority!

Re: Android 5.0.1 for SAMSUNG Galaxy S5?
alt1052
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to know this as well! Since installing 5.0.1 my phone is basically useless. My battery is dead by noon and WiFi doesn't work (on ANY WiFi).

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There were bugs in 5.0.1 too. The 5.0.2 version is better. Hopefully the next update would include 5.0.2 or higher.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Itsjm21
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hate the new update!

Hate the new volume set up. Alarm clock wont go off anymore while on silent, unless its on vibrate or sound, its distracting when getting notifications while sleeping!

The new lock screen shows the message content, no privacy!

Lag all the time.

The battery life.

The automatic brightness adjustment dont adapt.

The whole update is a downgrade! I hate it.

Better upgrade please!

TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

Several of these items can be configured:

1. As far as alarms, configure Interruptions within Sound and notification as opposed to setting the phone to silent -- you can configure a period of time that you only receive alarm (always considered as priority) and other priority notifications (by sender and type).
  2. The lock screen message content can be configured or eliminated under While locked within Sound and notification.
  3. As far as lag and battery life, a couple of settings seem to help:
    • Within Location, change Mode to Power Saving -- you can revert to High accuracy when necessary (e.g., when using a GPS application).
    • Clear device cache if you haven't already.
    • Disable Smart network switch within Advanced within Wi-Fi settings.
    • There may be more that other users have discovered.
wlm9700
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another one is under wifi click advanced and turn off always allow scanning because when wifi is off that allows it to scan anyway and waste battery.

0 Likes