Re: Android 4.3 Update
zroid
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you move your apps to SD Card?? You may want to take backup of your apps and then restore it after factory reset. Some of your apps data gets backed up on Google, but not sure which? Safe bet is backup.

0 Likes
will19380
Enthusiast - Level 2

After updating, I wished I didn't. There are too many headaches in the new 4.3 to recommend it. The following are noted. Email count of unread email is not in coordination with those showing in the email app. Showing sometimes over 100 emails not read. Wi-Fi cuts in and out draining battery. Used to get whole day on one charge, now get half a day. Bluetooth won't link with previously used links. Having to re-enter all the Bluetooth info. Internet doesn't allow entry into the URL bar for searches any more. It keeps popping up the Google home page. Gallery app won't allow multiple selection of pictures to be sent via MMS. Also MMS now will not send unless the Wi-Fi is turned off. Xfinity Wi-Fi will not connect anymore. Seems like there is an attempt to force everyone into using the VZW data plan instead of Wi-Fi. Having problems with contacts showing up multiple times from the same account. Evidently the backup does not recognize of check to see if it already has that contact from its database already installed. In one instance had 5 copies under the gmail account. Delete and they come back eventually.

What I do like is the new email format and location of the icons especially delete at the bottom. That's about the best I can say for this upgrade. I would not even recommend this update to a super geek. More pain than gain.

bearone21
Legend

verizon isn't forcing you to use your data plan. wi-fi, is something you choose to use, if it doesn't work it's not verizon's problem.

0 Likes
JRLittleJr
Contributor - Level 1

What an ignorant response. The fact that wifi is not working after the

update is indeed Verizons fault. The S3 is a smartphone after all and

internet access is either via wifi or a data package. Just when I thought

I'd heard it all. Just plain stupid.

Tidbits
Legend

How is it Verizon's fault when they didn't make the phone nor did the software? Other carriers and overseas S3's have the same problem. It's Samsung's problem...

0 Likes
JRLittleJr
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon tweaks the software and is responsible for a fix. Samsung may share

some of the blame but Verizon is who takes my money. Other carriers have

already pushed a fix. Even after a one month delay, Verizon still finds a

way to screw things up. I am not surprised.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They do no such thing. Look at all the leaked software. All of the leaks come from the manufacturer. It has all those tweaks carriers are supposed to be doing. How is it that the leaks comes from manufacturers with all these tweaks if they are the ones not doing it? Doesn't make sense does it?

Tidbits
Legend

Carriers have not pushed a fix. I have the S3/S4/Note 2 on T-Mobile and no fix in sight. 🙂

0 Likes
JRLittleJr
Contributor - Level 1

Tidbits

I guess it is my fault that the update screwed up my phone. Verizon is the

carrier and is responsible for a remedy whether they are responsible in

full or in part. What point are you trying to make defending Verizon. Are

you perhaps an employee?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

When did I say it was your fault? Samsung messed up, and they should fix it. Verizon had nothing to do with the update other then testing it when manufacturers submit it. Maybe Verizon gave into the pressure of people complaining about them not getting an update when other carriers got theirs regardless of the problems other carriers were having.

Catch 22 they will always be in.

0 Likes