Re: Android 4.3 Update
Walpurgiss

I recommend holding off on updating it, many of us Galaxy S4 users, including those on other carriers, have been having issues since upgrading to 4.3.

Common ones are:

Car chargers no longer working properly

Excessively poor WiFi/Bluetooth connectivity

Bad battery life (Some reporting 1/4th normal)

Randomly opening music application, even while locked

Others.

Personally Mine has the random music application, screen timeout stops working, even on unlock screen, some apps (particularly facebook for me) not showing notifications.

Supposedly the OTA 4.3 update is suspended, but many reports of it still nagging to update; and personally my verizon upgrade assistant keeps downloading it almost every time I boot my PC up, despite it already being loaded on my phone, through that application.  It's strange.

0 Likes
mckinney360

Thanks for that info.  I would think they have had time to get it right before putting it out, but I guess thats not the case.  I was just shopping the Nexus 5.  Seems that cutting out the middle man with all the verizon/samsung bloatware is the way to go, however the Nexus 5 isnt available on Verizon as of right now due to radio compatability.  I guess I will wait a few months till the contract is up and move on. 

0 Likes
inkedblots

I don't understand why we have to wait on our carrier for updates. We should be like Apple and send the updates to the phone directly. It doesn't make any sense to have to go through the carrier and let them decide on when their customers get updates.

I love my S3, I don't want to get a new phone and pay hundreds of dollars or be stuck for another 2 yrs. I just want to be updated.

>> Personal information and e-mail headers removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

yes indeed

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

134 meg came in this am, i'm not doing anything with it.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

turns out not 4.3, about phone/updates say's i'm current with 4.1.2, now i'm wondering what app downloaded.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if you go to your play store app and select my apps, it shows the ones recently updated, in order of most recent to last. that must be a HUGE app?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

btdt, they show updates but not how large.

i've added google sky map, intellicast wx, okla speedtest & chase bank since i got the s3, 3 weeks ago today.

google maps also updated.

thanks

0 Likes
PaulMartocci
Enthusiast - Level 2

Duplicate post - please visit:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1023549#1023549

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
parth212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its been 3 days since the update was supposed to be pushed. Wheres 4.3?

0 Likes