Re: Am I the only S5 owner who has ALREADY has the USB cover break off with regular use, AND have Verizon and Samsung say it is damage and NOT a mfg. defect?
RN24

I just got my S5 Friday the 19 and the cover broke the Saturday the 20th! Second time charging it and I am a girl with fingernails not a guy using a knife to open it! Go to the store where I bought the phone, shockingly nothing they can do. They said they would call Samsung and get back to me...still haven't heard anything!  Pathetic can't call it being "too rough" when the plastic is still on the phone!

0 Likes
Re: Am I the only S5 owner who has ALREADY has the USB cover break off with regular use, AND have Verizon and Samsung say it is damage and NOT a mfg. defect?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your frustration RN24, but we definitely want to help you. Is there any other physical damage to the phone? Water/moisture damage? If not, please send me a Direct Message so I can assist.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

B33
Legend
0 Likes
Litespeed
Enthusiast - Level 2

My husband had the same problem, his broke off too.  I got the same response from my Verizon store, saying they have never replaced one before and I would have to contact Samsung.  We even went on line to purchase a new cover, but no one can put it on unless you have a specific size screw driver, which you would have to purchase on line. I have heard that Best Buy will replace it.  We didn't go that far because the phone ended up with another problem and they replaced the phone for free.  We still have the replacement covers just in case it happens again.

0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

I bought the cover for the ports, the little door, the extra screw and the screwdriver for 7.95 free shipping off Ebay.  They aren't hard to replace, but if ya have large fingers can be trying. Smiley Happy  I now use the wireless charging back and Qi pad instead of charging port. Use that if needed.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Its nice they have Kits for this issue.. will have to look b

0 Likes
S5user
Enthusiast - Level 2

The early S5 usb doors were flawed.  Samsung changed the materials the door is made from sometime in June, I believe.  If your door fell off and your phone was produced before June, contact Verizon Customer Care (*611) and tell them to connect you with Tech Support.  They will go through the warranty replacement process with you.

Do not let the customer service person tell you it's your fault and they never heard of this happening before. Tell them it is a warranty issue and you need to discuss it with Tech Support.  The front-line people don't necessarily know the story with the USB door problem.

Because it is an integral component of the water-resistant feature, Samsung covers it under warranty, but if you contact Samsung directly they will want you to send them your phone, so you would be without the phone for like 10 business days.  Working through Verizon Tech Support, you will be sent the warranty replacement first, so you transition directly from the old phone to the replacement phone, and then send the old one back.

0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Thing is, if your phone works perfectly and you can replace the part why turn it in for a refurbished phone? That is what you get under warranty. I rather replace the cover itself (which I did) instesd of getting a refurbished phone. My opinion.

Tidbits
Legend

Samsung sent me replacement covers.

Sony too for my Xperias.