Always on display stopped working . turned green
Caribwoy

Now when my screen turns off instead of getting the clock and a black screen I get a glowing green screen with lots of little dots!

This is after an update from Samsung for the always on display but I have not changed any settings whatsoever. I've tried turning it on and off as well as clearing cache and hard booting the phone

Please help

0 Likes
Re: Always on display stopped working . turned green
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Caribwoy,

Green screens are never any fun. Let's look at options. Does this green screen come on when the device is charging? Any other changes with the Software update?

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Caribwoy

Hi.. thanks for the quick response Smiley Happy

As to your question yes the screen does turn green when charging if the always on screen is turned on. If this option is turned off the screen remains dark when charging. When the screen does go green it reacts to tapping by getting brighter and brighter! In addition I have the edge feed app and this works normally if you rub in that area on the edge of the screen it will activate and if the rest of this week will turn black like it should. So it is not a hardware issue in my opinion.This only happened after the update that added the start and end for the always on display

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Caribwoy,

We appreciate all the troubleshooting you have done on your phone in efforts to get it back to functioning normally. I want to make sure we help find the fix for you. I will go ahead and send out a private message to better assist you.

YareliM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Always on display stopped working  . turned green
Caribwoy

I am still having this problem!

I appreciate the Private Message followup but after giving the requested info I haven' t had a reply???

Please let me know what is next as I am afraid of the phone going completely bad on me.. I use it for work!!

0 Likes
Caribwoy

I haven t heard from you.. I did reply with the info you requested by PM

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure we are following up with you Caribwoy. Does the phone have any physical damage of any kind? Any contact with any liquid or water?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes