Alarm not working after upgrade
jsharris

My phone updated last week and now my alarm is not working properly. The alarm will only go off when the app is opened. I uploaded 2 other apps, thinking that is was the app that wasn't working anymore and I have the same issue with the others as well.

I would really like to fix this issue so I am not late to work. 🙂

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Alarm not working after upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I use my phones alarm daily as well so I know the importance of making sure it works, jsharris! What model is your Samsung device? What is the current system and baseband version found via Settings>About Phone?

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the -Correct Answer- button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Kris14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a different issue.  When i opened the app I could not see my previously set alarm.  I needed to get up earlier (5:30) so I did a new alarm for the earlier time.  At the time of my regulary scheduled wake up (6:10) the alarm went off.  I cannot find in the app the 6:10 alarm.  It only shows the 5:30 alarm.

I also noticed with the update I cannot go to my battery and force shut down apps that may be running.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kris14-

We never want to hear that you're having issues with your phone after a major update. No worries, we will find a solution to the issues you are experiencing. What make/model phone do you have? Have you tried adding your 6:10 am alarm? If so, does it stay or does it disappear? 

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

the phone is going to sleep, settings/notifications/advanced.....check what you don't want going to sleep.

0 Likes
kennethmgreen1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have what I believe to be a similar issue. After the update, my alarm app displays the next upcoming alarm. But that alarm is nowhere to be found. 

After some troubleshooting I figured out that the alarm app is picking up the reminders set by my calendar app (Calengoo). So if I have an 8:00 AM appointment tomorrow, the next alarm displayed in my alarm app shows 7:45 AM (default reminders set for 15 minutes before appointment). If I go into Samsung alarm app (which my alarm app uses for alarms), there is no such alarm at 7:45 AM.

I have confirmed this with multiple alarm apps that use the stock Samsung alarm for alarm management. I have never seen this issue before (using Calengoo and alarm app for years) until after my phone updated 2 days ago.

I'm using a Note10. 

0 Likes
kennethmgreen1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I finally figured out what was going on with the help of the Calengoo developer. At least for my issue.

The problem is that the Samsung calendar is now using alarms to set reminders for events. 

There is an acceptable workaround for me since I don't use the stock Samsung calendar. But I suspect those users who are reporting the problem I described have a Samsung phone and got the latest security update.

The issue is related to the Samsung calendar, which apparently is now setting alarms for event reminders. Why those alarms do not show up the alarm app, I do not know.

If using a 3rd party calendar app, the issue is "fixed" by going into the Samsung calendar app and turning off all syncing with Google. You can't remove the Google account without it being a system-wide decision. Then I cleared the cache and cleared the data for Samsung calendar. Then rebooted. Problem solved. No more mystery/phantom alarms showing up.

However, for anyone that uses the stock Samsung app - either directly or indirectly (for example, you use a 3rd party calendar app but sync with your local calendar) - I don't think the issue will go away. It appears to be an issue with Samsung calendar.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow! We thank you for sharing those details and we appreciate you sharing this information with others in this forum. We will forward this information to our Leadership Team. - We will also work closely with Samsung about this matter. - RobertC_VZW