After update - sd card with all apps and photos says it is unsupported. Help!
GBFan4Life

Powered off phone, removed sd card - no luck.  Don't want to "reformat" it and lose everything.  Thoughts?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: After update - sd card with all apps and photos says it is unsupported. Help!
IMA_PC_GURU
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same (or very similar) issue.

I did a chat with a service rep on this issue. He had me remove the card and insert into an SD card adapter over USB to my main computer - it was able to read the card. I immediately took a copy of the 40GB on the card.

It looked good, so I re-inserted it into the phone and amazingly - it worked again.

View solution in original post

Re: After update - sd card with all apps and photos says it is unsupported. Help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GBFan4Life - The last thing we would ever want is for you to lose all of your personal information. I am confident that we can find a solution to the issues your having. What software does your S5 have? Settings>System updates. You can also transfer the content of your SD card to your PC. Check it out. http://vz.to/2jnFCeg

JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GBFan4Life

G900VVRS2DPL1

0 Likes
GBFan4Life

And it says "The data on this SD card is corrupt. To use it, it must be set up" now on the phone and when connected to the PC, it finds no files to be transferred. The SD card was in working order prior to the update and now seems unusable with everything on it.  Other thoughts?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GBFan4Life, that seems very odd. I want to make sure that we get your SD Card up and running. Are you able to put the SD Card into another Cellular device and will that device reach the card with out any issues?

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
IMA_PC_GURU
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. Phone and SD card were working fine - after the G900VVRS2DPL1 on Jan 6 the SD card is empty and won't write files. Question- did the update toast the SD card? if so, will Verizon cover it ? should I proceed to try to format or ???

0 Likes
Patpatschleg
Enthusiast - Level 3

Throwing it up against the wall may work for this issue

0 Likes
IMA_PC_GURU
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same (or very similar) issue.

I did a chat with a service rep on this issue. He had me remove the card and insert into an SD card adapter over USB to my main computer - it was able to read the card. I immediately took a copy of the 40GB on the card.

It looked good, so I re-inserted it into the phone and amazingly - it worked again.

bearone21
Legend

the s5 didn't come with an sd card, you added it & sd cards do die.

0 Likes
IMA_PC_GURU
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, the do die - often after excessive rewrites or bad apps/updates trash them.

Are you sure about your facts?

You mean you didn't get your Verizon dealer to add the 64GB SD card to your phone for free? Maybe next time....

0 Likes