Re: After lollipop upgrade S5 Bluetooth no longer streams ID3 tags
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Audrey900,

We can definitely understand your frustration about this issue & it saddens us that the bluetooth manufacturer, the car manufacturer, the phone manufacturer (LG) who builds the phone & Google are not able to diagnose what exactly is happening. (Ooops, sorry about thinking this was from Samsung.) I don't know if you have tried to reach out to Google personally. Their Customer Care can be reached at 855-836-3987. Since the software comes straight from the phone manufacturer (LG), Verizon Wireless does not have a way to switch you back to the older software on the phone.  Unfortunately, when it comes to car bluetooth systems, Verizon Wireless wouldn't know how these are set up & configured. With 3rd party apps (meaning not supported or developed by Verizon Wireless) we also don't know why there would be a glitch with a phone that is manufactured by LG. I hope that you can understand. Please know that if Verizon Wireless manufactured the phones, we would possibly have better understanding of all of this. With Verizon Wireless being your wireless phone provider, we are responsible for making sure that your phone works correctly for calls, texts & data. Besides this issue with the bluetooth, is everything working correctly with calls, texts & data? We always want to make sure that is working 100% of the time.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Audrey900
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, everything is working fine with calls, text and data. Thank you for

giving me a phone number for Google. Getting in touch with them has been a

major pain.

I understand that Verizon doesn't have anything to do with the issue I'm

having, but I hoped that you would have connections to the right people who

could correct this problem. LG basically told me it wasn't their problem.

So, my frustration is that everyone is passing the buck and nobody seems to

want to even look into the issue. This stuff should work. It is advertised

as a working feature. Is it really too much for me to expect it to work?

Audrey

On Oct 2, 2015 1:44 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Audrey900,

This certainly isn't how we want for you to feel about Verizon Wireless. It is definitely not our intent at all to "pass the buck". With your understanding that this is not a Verizon Wireless issue, that is very much appreiated. I'm so relieved that your phone is working with calls, texts & data. That is our number one goal. As we all know that this is a known issue, as your cell phone provider, at this point going forward & as stated before, we will keep you up to date if we hear from Google & LG when this has been straightened out.

Do you have any other questions or concerns at this time?

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Audrey900
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. I just hope that somebody is actively working to fix it. If not, I

would like to know how I can downgrade to Kit kat, when it was working just

fine.

Sincerely, Audrey

On Oct 3, 2015 9:34 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Audrey900,

Verizon Wireless is always dedicated to keep our customers informed when there is a fix for something like this. Unfortunately, Verizon Wireless doesn't have a way (or access) to go back to the previous software version that LG has put out to our phones. You can certainly reach out to LG to see if there is something they can do about that. I'm happy to hear that your services with us are working like they should. Thank you very much for choosing Verizon Wireless!

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes
Audrey900
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am contacting you again because nobody is giving me a reply or they are

saying this problem is not their problem.

Ever since the Lollipop upgrade, my car stereo no longer displays song

metadata. Before the upgrade, it showed the song title, artist name, album

title, album cover art, and arrows to go back and forth between songs.

I want to know what, if anything, is being done to correct this issue.

My phone is an LG G Vista (VS880) running Lollipop 5.1.1. and my car is a

2013 Chevy Malibu with a Pioneer stereo.

Attached is a photo of what I see when I am playing music from my phone.

Sincerely,

Audrey

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Audrey900,

We regret to hear that you feel this way about us. I personally have replied to you many times on this forum & unfortunately we still have not heard from the 3rd party app or Google.

We do see that you have posted your phone number on this public forum & for your security, we highly suggest that you remove this.

I'm going to send you a Private Message. Please respond to me in the Private Message to continue. I look forward to working with you.

AliciaS_VZW

X

0 Likes
Audrey900
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, I'm stumped. How do you delete a post? I didn't intend to post my phone # on the forum.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Audrey900 wrote:

Okay, I'm stumped. How do you delete a post? I didn't intend to post my phone # on the forum.

There's a five-minute window after a post is left during which edits can be made.  I submitted your other post to the Moderators for them to remove your phone number from the post.

0 Likes
Audrey900
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you.