After Oreo 8.0 upgrade the native email app is missing the notification icon
lumbreit
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I have a S8 Plus and updated to Oreo 8.0 and I use the native email client that Android has and since the update the little icon no longer shows I have new un-read emails. I know I can turn on the notifications to show on my screen when its locked but I don't want that since I have sub folders that get emails and I dont want to see those, just my main Inbox. I do have the app icon badges on and right now I have the "New Emails" turned off because I dont want to see my subfolders emails stating it has a new email in it. I'd love to have it the way it was before the upgrade. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: After Oreo 8.0 upgrade the native email app is missing the notification icon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LUKUMB10, I can certainly see how this can be frustrating. I have had a few customers have this same issue. In their situation they were able to back up their content and complete a factory reset on the device, after this everything was back to normal. Have you tried this step? You can complete a factory reset by following these steps: 1. Hold the Volume up, Bixby, and Power buttons at the same time, and keep them held down until you see the Samsung logo. 2. After 30 seconds, you should see the Android Recovery Menu. 3. Press the Volume down button four times, until Wipe data/Factory reset is highlighted.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes