After OTA lollipop update, I cannot send SMS messages. I can recieve and send MMS.... when will it get fixed???
formertmobileguy

So as you can see I did the OTA lollipop 5.0.1 update.  NOW, I can send sms text messages.  I can receive them, but not send them.  I have no problems sending or recieving MMS messages though..  Any updates, fixes, or advice???

OH, and I saw that VZW was going to offer wifi calling this year.  Anybody got any updates on that yet?

Thanks in advance for your help and input..

0 Likes
Re: After OTA lollipop update, I cannot send SMS messages. I can recieve and send MMS.... when will it get fixed???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi formertmobileguy!

Let's see what's causing the problem! Which messaging application are you using? Do you receive an error message?  Here are the details of Advanced Calling:http://spr.ly/6586CS5M calling launch:Top

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: After OTA lollipop update, I cannot send SMS messages.  I can recieve and send MMS.... when will it get fixed???
formertmobileguy

I am using the standard default messaging that came with the phone.  When this phone was before lollipop (kit kat) I had no problems.  When I go to messaging settings, lollipop lets me select ONLY the default, or the "hangouts".  If I remember correctly as well, kit kat let me select several more messaging options.  OH...  I forgot...  I can send SMS only when the phone drops off from 4G to 3G (or lower).  Which wouldn't be so bad if I could lock it in at 3G, then all would work.

0 Likes
Re: After OTA lollipop update, I cannot send SMS messages.  I can recieve and send MMS.... when will it get fixed???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
formertmobileguy,

I appreciate the additional details. Are you getting an error message when sending the text message? Does it happen with all text you attempt to send or only to certain numbers?
Clear the cache for the Messaging app http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-77711/ and retest. Keep us posted if the issue persist.

JohnB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
formertmobileguy

The sms text message fails when sent to any phone numbers when on 4G.  I did clear the cache, and it did not change anything at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for trying that, formertmobileguy!  I would like to further troubleshoot this for you.  So that I may, please respond to my Direct Message and we can will work together to resolve this texting issue.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
nazz

Let me know how you fixed it of you did

0 Likes
formertmobileguy

@nazz..... Just curious nazz, are you running Verizon service on your Verizon phone, OR another carrier? The reason I ask, is because I have heared many cases where people with the Verizon phone, are running other carriers through them with the same problem.  I am just trying to see if this affecting both verizon customers, and non verizon customers with this "Verizon" phone or not? 

0 Likes
nazz

I'm using tmobile service I heard that a lot of people on t mobile can't text

0 Likes