After Marshmallow Upgrade, How to remove "Swipe Screen to unlock" if I have a PIN lock
AJNims
Enthusiast - Level 1

The university requires that I use a PIN # to unlock my phone and prior to the latest Marshmallow upgrade to my Samsung Galaxy S6, the Lock screen and the key pad to unlock my phone were one-in-the-same, but now I have to "Swipe" first and that gets me to the PIN entry screen, call me lazy, BUT this is ridiculous!

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

University of Florida

Tags (1)
Re: After Marshmallow Upgrade, How to remove "Swipe Screen to unlock" if I have a PIN lock
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

See if the explanations in this thread help:

Re: Marshmallow: How to turn off swipe before entering pin

Re: After Marshmallow Upgrade, How to remove "Swipe Screen to unlock" if I have a PIN lock
AJNims
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, that IS the same question I have.  Unfortunately it looks like I am not going to get an answer I likeSmiley Sad.  Well as the saying goes, "Life is full of disappointments, DEAL with it!"

Dunncrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, stupid to have pointles swipe, that has no function, but just adds an extra step.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Can we stop this now.... Please

0 Likes