After Lollipop Update S4 Loses Network
rbagby

After performing the lollipop update on my wife's S4 each night she loses Network Cell Service.  We live in a poor service area so it seems that at night when there is a period of poor or no Network Service the phone loses cellular connection.  This does not affect wifi, bluetooth, etc.  Only Cellular.  I cannot put it in/out of airplane mode to reset.  I can only turn it off and back on.  I have the same S4 and do not experience the issue.  Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: After Lollipop Update S4 Loses Network
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can power the device off, remove the sim card for a minute, and reinstall. That will do the same thing as airplane mode.

Did you do a factory reset after the lollipop update?

0 Likes
Bchar38
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same problem, each morning I have to do a reboot to regain service. Also the first time I connect my car radio to my S4 via bluetooth to listen to Spotify I can not get full volume without having to activate the sound volume warning and overiding it by giving it permission to go to full volume. This becomes a painful game at times.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried a factory reset? Though I know that won't help with the volume issue; it does that same thing when you use headphones.

0 Likes
James78
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue.  Why does Verizon feel that rolling out a bad update is acceptable?  Not a happy customer, and with my contract coming up, tell me why I should stay.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Because the are the largest network provider and if you like to travel then you'll almost always sure to have service.

0 Likes
James78
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow. That reply is terrible customer service. Good luck. Time for me to

switch brands.

James

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

This is a peer to peer forum. If a Verizon rep responds you'll know.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can also attempt a factory reset if you haven't.

0 Likes
Bchar38
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, after much effort I did a factory reset. Took half the day to get things back to normal. Woke up this morning and no server is found. Traveled to a couple of different areas to see if that would help. Had to do another reboot to regain connectivity..Next suggestion please.

0 Likes