After Kitkat update my gs3 won't connect to wifi.
Chris_irish
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone updated to the new operating system (4.4.2) and ever since it refuses to connect to wifi.  At my house, friend's house, local pub, all the places I normally use it.

The wifi says it is turned on, the button is green.  The wifi networks screen shows my network as "Saved, Secured", and it keeps cycling through searching, and connecting, and then nothing.

How do I get this stupid thing to work?  I've tried turning on airplane mode and turning it off, I tried forgetting the network and resetting it up, I even tried a factory reset which has been a complete waste of time and I better not get charged for data overages while this thing is trying to redownload all of my apps and refusing to connect to wifi.

0 Likes
Re: After Kitkat update my gs3 won't connect to wifi.
SCarGo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. SG3 defaulted to Vz network even with strong wifi signal. Data usage skyrocketed. My solution...

1. Dload DataSwitch. This is a simple tap-on, tap-off widget that gives your index finger total, absolute control over data transmission. (This gets your control issue dealt with...see no. 2 for the wifi fix.)

2. I then went into options/wife and deselected my residential wifi. Then reentered the network ID and password. Problem solved. (If these steps do not work for you, insert a reboot step before reentering your NID & PW.)

I now use DataSwitch to keep the Vz network off until an app I want to use demands it.

0 Likes
Re: After Kitkat update my gs3 won't connect to wifi.
Chris_irish
Enthusiast - Level 2

That did not work for me unfortunately.  As I said, I did a factory reboot, which removed all the original wifi settings, and it still will not connect after reentering.

It won't connect to unsecured or secured wifi.  I tried entering the password incorrectly even to see if I got an error, and there was no change, it just shows as "connecting" for a few seconds, then back to "saved", then back to "connecting."

Removing the battery for a few minutes or rebooting the device has had no effect.  Can I get any response from Verizon on this?  After reinstalling from the factory reboot my usage is basically up for the month, and I have to just turn the phone off for the next week and a half.

0 Likes