After Galaxy S8+ Update Unable to Use Voice Controls on Phone
1TATUM77

My phone installed the update this morning to address security patches and fix bugs but now I am unable to create text messages with voice control. I tap the talk icon in the message window then it beeps once and goes directly to pause. Even when I try to use the "hello google" function on the phone I don't get a response. Is anyone else experiencing issues with voice controls after the update?

0 Likes
Re: After Galaxy S8+ Update Unable to Use Voice Controls on Phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

1TATUM77, having a powerful device like the Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Smartphone and hearing that it's Voice-to-Text feature is not working correctly, greatly concerns us.  Software updates are intended to enhance the performace of any device, not cause the device's user to be inconvenience.

The Bixby Assistant option is being worked on by Samsung to bring it up to speed. The availability for Bixby will be provided once Samsung provides updates. At present, I don't have an estimated time frame to provide regarding when this feature option will be up and running. However, we certainly want to keep you in the loop for our products and services at: http://vz.to/1Tex5AB.

I have the same device and experienced a similar issue. Here's what I did. I went to the virtual keyboard on my device and disabled the Samsung voice input. I left the Google option on. Now when I go to messages through Google Voice input comes up and it's working for me. Now, you try these steps and keep us updated.

Settings-Language and Input - On Screen Keyboard - Manage Keyboards - Slide Samsung voice input to turn off. - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes