After 4.1.1 update, can't use my stock earphones
nbardach

Immediately after the 4.1.1 update, my stock Samsung earphones stopped working.

I believe this was caused by the update for the following reasons:

1. My earphones worked immediately prior to the upgrade
  2. My earphones worked on my wife's S3 before she upgraded
  3. My earphones no long work on my wife's S3 after she upgraded
  4. My wife's stock earphones no longer work on her S3 after she upgraded

Now, when I plug my earphones in, I see the "Earphones connected" message on my phone. I can listen to music but the controller no longer works with the Music Player. When I make a phone call, the sound is transferred to the phone's speaker and no one can hear me through the earphones mic.

Has anyone else experienced this issue after updating? Does anyone know a fix or a workaround?

Please advise. Thanks! Noah

PS. VERIZON, I HOPE YOU CAN OWN UP TO THE FACT THAT THE 4.1.1 WAS RELEASED WITH SIGNIFICANT BUGS THAT HAVE BROKEN CORE FUNCTIONALITY. AND, PLEASE, DON'T TELL ME IT'S SAMSUNG OR GOOGLE.

0 Likes
Re: After 4.1.1 update, can't use my stock earphones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi nbardach,

I know how important using headsets are. They make multitasking so much easier. I searched through many forums and even tested this on a SIII with the update and was unable to get this trouble to duplicate. I find it so odd that both your device and your wife's is having the same exact trouble. Do you have other headsets available to test? Have you done a battery pull or inserting and removing of headset while on a call to test? Please let us know of the steps you've taken so we can determine the root cause of this.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes