Ads constantly pop up after Oreo update. How do I turn them off?
MARHOB96

Ads constantly pop up after Oreo update. How do I turn them off?

0 Likes
Re: Ads constantly pop up after Oreo update. How do I turn them off?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MARHOB96, we are sorry to hear that you are getting ads after your last update. This is definitely not the experience that we want yo to have, and we will be glad to help you correct the issue. To clarify, for how long has the problem been happening for, and what kind of troubleshooting steps if any have you already taken to correct the problem?

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MARHOB96

It started that same day that I updated. I have downloaded pop up blockers.  I have uninstalled 3rd party apps.  The pop ups interfere with my videos, taking pictures and everything. I have a pop up at least every 20-30 seconds.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MARHOB96

Yikes, that cannot be fun at all. I live on my phone, so I completely understand how important it is to correct this. Just so we are all on the same page, these pop-ups happen randomly and not with just specific applications correct? I too have experienced this after the update, and there is some setting in your phone you may want to look into to help control those pop-ups. Navigate into settings>google>ads. On this page, you will see ads by Google and other options to control the ads you see.

Edward_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Xangati
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also getting non stop advertisements since the oreo update yesterday.  I am NOT happy about this!!

VDENNISO

Second time this happened after an update, spent some time with support to fix it the first time, guess I'll have to rinse lather repeat with every update?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Or just delete the third party apps you installed on your device that are causing the pop ups and they will be gone forever

VDENNISO

That really doesn't make sense. If everything was working fine but then Verizon updates your device and the issues start then how is it the apps? And it only became an issue with Oreo.

Here is what seems to be happening, the update not only turns ads on in Google it also changes your privacy settings & hence the bombardment of ads. First change your settings for ads in Google. Then go to: http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN

to scan for ads & opt out of them. You'll need to run it a few times but it resolved the issues for me and I didn't delete any apps..

0 Likes
brwneyddtchfrmgrl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been having the same problem with ads constantly popping up since I got my new phone. They are very annoying. I tried the google thing but they quieted down for a little while but started up again. I guess I will have to try it again. I posted the same question and got no help what so ever.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

chrome browser & adblock plus eliminates ads on my phone + pc.

3rd party apps are notorious for ads, live with 'em or eliminate the app/s.

0 Likes