Activate Advanced Calling Issue
r81984
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my S7 when I try to activate advanced calling I get this error message "Unable to Activate" "Make sure you are using the latest version of My Verizon Mobile to activate Advanced Calling".   

I just switched my phone from an S5 to an S7 and found on this S7 I can no longer use data while on a phone call like I could with my S5. 
I found I need to activate Advanced Calling.   When I try to Activate I get that error message.
I updated everything on my phone, it has the latest firmware, I even downgraded and updated the My Verizon Mobile app again.   

I keep getting this error.   I also changed the Network from Global to "LTE/CDMA" but that did not work either. Rebooting does nothing either. 

Any ideas?  I tried to call Verizon but they say they are closed. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Activate Advanced Calling Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely want you to be able to use Advanced Calling, r81984. I've reviewed the thread and you've mentioned that you are using the same sim card. My resources is showing that the Samsung Galaxy S5 uses a 4G micro sim card and the Samsung Galaxy S7 uses a nano sim card. In order to use the feature, I'd recommend reaching out to the account manager/owner to reach out to us so we can get a nano sim card order for the Samsung Galaxy S7. Additionally, our Business Department can be reached at 800-811-6200.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Is the HD Voice feature also active on your account for that line?-

To add HD Voice to your account in My Verizon:

1. Go to the Products & Apps page in My Verizon on your smartphone, tablet or computer browser, or on your device in the My Verizon app.

2. Click the Get Products tab at the top of the page.

3. Find HD Voice and click Get it now.

4. When the checkout window opens, choose the compatible devices you'd like HD Voice added to.

5. Click Confirm Purchase to complete the checkout process for the selected devices.
r81984
Enthusiast - Level 2

It wont let me go to that since this is a business account, it says I am not the admin. I only get some access through the online portal.  I have unlimited data and minutes.  I tried calling verizon but they are closed. 

I had my S5 until Wed and have been always able to make calls and use data at the same time. If HD voice has to be on the line to use data and calls at the same time then it already has to be active on my account since it works on the S5. 

I just switched to this S7.  I am also using the same sim card. 

Buy why do I get the error saying the app needs to be updated?  I have the most up-to-date version.  

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

It sounds like the error is including the info about the app to ensure the version isn’t causing the issue, so fortunately you verified that part.

The Advanced Calling error is due to the HD Voice feature not being on the account, so once an account admin with access adds it that will work for your S7.

The S7 (like other modern phones) require that feature for simultaneous voice & data since it has one cellular radio installed which can operate on one technology at a time for voice over LTE & data/CDMA & GSM.

The S5 (like other older phones) does not require Advanced Calling/HD features for simultaneous voice & data since it has two cellular radios, one CDMA for voice calling, and another for SVDO (1X / 3G Data in call), LTE, and GSM.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I definitely want you to be able to use Advanced Calling, r81984. I've reviewed the thread and you've mentioned that you are using the same sim card. My resources is showing that the Samsung Galaxy S5 uses a 4G micro sim card and the Samsung Galaxy S7 uses a nano sim card. In order to use the feature, I'd recommend reaching out to the account manager/owner to reach out to us so we can get a nano sim card order for the Samsung Galaxy S7. Additionally, our Business Department can be reached at 800-811-6200.

ZangY_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
r81984
Enthusiast - Level 2

Micro sim cards are simply cut down to a nano sim. Works just fine.  No need for a new sim unless you are saying a new sim would solve this problem.   Is that what you are saying? 

I did try calling earlier and the phone support says they are closed. 

r81984
Enthusiast - Level 2

So it sounds like I bought a <<removed>> phone.  Never even crossed my mind that an S7 would be worse than an S5.  That is unfortunate.

<< Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

0 Likes
r81984
Enthusiast - Level 2

Who marked that as the correct answer, my problem is not solved yet.  Also, why does one of my comments seem to be censored from other people so they cant read it?  

I tried calling verizon, but they are closed.

If activating advanced calling on my account will solve the problem then why did the verizon rep who posted not do it already?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

r81984, It's essential that we get this simultaneous voice and data issue fixed for you. At this point we need to take a look at the account to make sure that everything is set-up as it needs to be. Could you have an account manager reach out to us?

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
robc25
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an S10 Plus and have talked to 8 different people at Verizon. My advanced calling still doesn`t work and I payed $1000 for my phone.

0 Likes