Absolutely hate latest system update. Nothing works right, constantly overheating, shuts off with no warning.
saufley
Enthusiast - Level 2

The latest system update has totally screwed up my phone. I have apps that I use on a daily basis, and now, to get them to work, I have to go into settings, force stop, and then go back into the app. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't ..... Facebook is now a nightmare! I can't write a legible post anymore. It comes out as a bunch of gibberish. I have to type a couple of letters, it adds a couple more on it's own, and then I go back a few spaces and type with extra letters on the end in order to get something legible. Then, I delete the extra letters at the end. My phone is constantly overheating. I run battery doctor on my phone several times a day to shut off apps running in the background. My battery totally drains in less than two hours, and my phone shuts off with absolutely no warning. We have lousy service where we live, and I understand that, but I have wifi, provided by Verizon, that doesn't work most of the time, either. Our internet service is terrible, too. I think, instead of me buying or paying to upgrade my phone, Verizon should give me something to thank me for putting up with such lousy service. I would switch, but Verizon is the only game in town where we live. I have been a loyal Verizon customer for several years, and this is the worst service I've ever experienced from any service provider!

0 Likes
Re: Absolutely hate latest system update. Nothing works right, constantly overheating, shuts off with no warning.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Based on the number of problems you're having, you'll most likely benefit from a Factor Reset. I don't know why some phones have a harder time with the upgrade than others, but most folks typically report after a Factory Reset that some, if not all of their problems were resolved. That being said don't forget to back up your contacts and other important files.

0 Likes
Re: Absolutely hate latest system update. Nothing works right, constantly overheating, shuts off with no warning.
Snn5
Legend

Factory Reset and DISABLE Google account and app data backup and re-enable after your FDR and set up.

0 Likes
1Chris4321
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why do we need to factory reset every time there is an update put out? Please give us the option to accept the update. Its not acceptable for me to have to spend hours resetting phones.

saufley
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree! I shouldn't have to reset, force stop, etc, because of a "critical" update. One would think all those parameters were worked out with the update.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand where you are coming from, 1Chris4321! Is something wrong with your phone? Factory Reset are always beneficial after a major Update so the phone can reconfigure its settings back to normal. These Software updates should improve your phone and will Technology changing every day, they are very important.

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
saufley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Factory reset did NOT help -- at all. Still having Facebook issues. Apps closing while I'm using them. Phone is totally shutting down with no warning, and I can't get it to turn back on. When I plug it in, thinking the battery is dead, it shows I still have 58% battery life!

MCAustin60
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the worst update ever. They're are so many problems the list is crazy making.   I'm switching to Sprint so they'll pay my cancellation fees and going to an iPhone

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you do as Snn5 suggested and disable app data back up before the factory reset? If you're phone is shutting down without warning, that seems like a hardware issue and you may want to contact Verizon about your manufactures warranty.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Saufley,

Software updates should improve the device! Sorry to hear tha this is not occuring. We want to get this fixed asap. Has there been any liquid or physical damage to the device? Do you receive a specific error message when the applications close? Are you using the original charger that came with the device?

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes