AOL email not syncin
avalonbarb

My AOL accounts haven't synced/worked since about 12/14 last emails received 12/16. I am unable to delete any of the AOL accounts (either in email or via settings.accounts and sync).  I just get no response or the swirling sign.  Gmail and work account sync and work fine.  Have noticed that my AOL passwords are not correct and I can't update them. I've tried removing the battery and putting it back in.  ALso have looked at the files inside my device on the computer.  Would like to not have to do a hard reset.  Seems others are having similar problems with other email accounts.  I would like to just delete the AOL accounts and start over or be able to update my password. Also have a message under accounts and sny that syc is currently experiencing problems it will be back shortly.  Did something update on the Samsung III blocking or causing AOL to no longer work and how can I delete the AOL accounts?

0 Likes
Re: AOL email not syncin
Pkfull

Im having same problem.  Tech at verizon store said aol is no longer supported on galaxy s3!  Suggested using K-9 app

0 Likes
avalonbarb

Thank you, K-9 is working & fetching my AOL mail.  Not happy that Verizon is no longer supporting AOL.  Thanks again!

0 Likes
Pkfull

I feel the same way, and no notice that they did that!

From Pam

0 Likes
firefyte01

I just synced my AOL email up to my S3, but instead of using tha AOL tab in the email client, I went to other email and set it up that way and it went right thru... Maybe try that...

0 Likes
amsunggalaxy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think anyone at verizon is realizing this is a systematic app problem, not an AOL, yahoo, gmail, etc. problem. Here's the solution we came up with in a nother forum... the email app is not working and verizon has no idea.

Hope this helps.

Re: CAN'T RECEIVE EMAILS ON SAMSUNG STRATASPHERE

<Duplicate content deleted for crossposting per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See Link for the original message.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
avalonbarb

Unfortunately, I still can not delete my AOL mail.  Someone suggested using the force stop under email applications - but that is greyed out.  Unless I can delete my AOL mail (under the AOL app), I can't use the others tab under set up email. Luckily the K9 app is working and I am able to get my AOL that way.  In fact it is working better and more consistently then the AOL tab in the S3.  Someone also suggested that Verizon has no idea that the AOL and yahoo, etc. apps are not working.  Not sure what it going on.  I have contacted Samsung and they suggest I call their customer support # to try to trouble shoot, since I can't remove the AOL mail from the S3.  But at least the work around (K9 app) is working. I also deleted all the mail that was still there on my AOL accounts on my S3.

0 Likes