5 Free blocks - not working?
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

<<New thread started due to age of previous discussion>>

I know this is an old thread, so hoping this can be answered.  Have 3 numbers on block list and yes got email etc. and does not expire til June.  I am still getting text messages from them. Using Galaxy S5 now.  Why is it not working?  Thanks

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: 5 Free blocks - not working?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are they using the stock text messaging app, or a third party app?  If they are using a third party app to send texts (Hand Cent, etc) then it is being sent over the data network, and the block would not work.

0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

to SuzyQ

Using the stock messaging app.  I also still receive phone calls Smiley Sad  from blocked numbers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello psf57,

Let's make sure you aren't receiving any unwanted calls or messages. Was this block working previously? Did you change devices recently? When you receive a call from the blocked numbers, does it show their contact information on the Caller ID or does it say unknown or restricted? Please try removing the number from your blocked list and re-adding it: http://vz.to/1bWjjML

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

psf57, we apologize for this nussiance! Please be advised that it is possible for a person to download a 3rd party application and send you text message through that application. Does their mobile number reflect as the sender of those text messages?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you need to block them on a pc within myverizon & will only affect text messages & phone calls?

0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

I do have them listed on the PC. BUT they are using iphones. (imessages) I on the other hand have the S5. Could that be the reason? 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

yes

0 Likes