4G issues
siabnec
Enthusiast - Level 2

About a week ago my S4 has stopped connecting to LTE, I have upgraded to the latest software update, is this a known issue, and is there a fix for this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G issues
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, boo.  Unless there's a tower issue in your area or other forum users have other suggestions, you might try a new SIM card ... they are free at your local Corporate VzW store or by calling Customer Service.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The update may have switched the mobile network to Global, so you may want to check the mobile network setting and ensure it's set to LTE/CDMA.

You also could try reseating the SIM card and see if that helps.  In other words, turn off the phone, remove the SIM card (being careful not to touch the gold contacts), wait several minutes, then reinsert the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and allow it time to establish a fresh network connection.

siabnec
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have verified that LTE/CDMA is the current data network selected, I will

try resetting the Sim card now

0 Likes
siabnec
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is still hanging on to 3G after reseating the sim card

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, boo.  Unless there's a tower issue in your area or other forum users have other suggestions, you might try a new SIM card ... they are free at your local Corporate VzW store or by calling Customer Service.

littlegina
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find it odd that all of sudden there's random articles throughout different websites popping up within the last week of the 4G not connecting. It might just be coincidence but there could be a chance that it isn't us.

siabnec
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got a replacement SIM card and everything is working 100% now!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Awesome! That's the kind of news I want to hear. Thank you for keeping us posted. Please remember that we are always here if you need us. VanetrisC_VZW  Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes