Re: 4G Lit even when on Wifi
StevieD2
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Klue wrote:

Here is something I just noticed. My wife and I have identical S7's, running on Oreo, (we don't get the Pie) set up the same way. When both are connected to home wifi my 4G indicator is grayed out and her 4G indicator is lit all the time. Even though it is lit the upload/download arrows underneigh the 4G light are not activating, so no data is being used. Sort of odd that two S7's setup the same way will show different on the 4G indicator lights.

Interesting...I don't know if it is a problem or not, but it is odd. I bet if you go into device maintenance on her phone and click on memory and optimize, the light will go off, at least temporarily. It shuts down all background apps. She may have an app that launches automatically in the background and makes the light go back on. If it does, try what SEEMS to have worked for me...turn mobile data off and back on.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

@StevieD2 wrote:

@Klue wrote:

Here is something I just noticed. My wife and I have identical S7's, running on Oreo, (we don't get the Pie) set up the same way. When both are connected to home wifi my 4G indicator is grayed out and her 4G indicator is lit all the time. Even though it is lit the upload/download arrows underneigh the 4G light are not activating, so no data is being used. Sort of odd that two S7's setup the same way will show different on the 4G indicator lights.

Interesting...I don't know if it is a problem or not, but it is odd. I bet if you go into device maintenance on her phone and click on memory and optimize, the light will go off, at least temporarily. It shuts down all background apps. She may have an app that launches automatically in the background and makes the light go back on. If it does, try what SEEMS to have worked for me...turn mobile data off and back on.

You're right I did that and the 4g light went out and has not come back on.

0 Likes
StevieD2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Was it the optimization that worked or turning data on and off, or both? LOL

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

It was the optimization of the memory that worked.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for contacting us here, StevieD2. This is due to Messages+ needing Cellular Data to function. CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
StevieD2
Enthusiast - Level 3

The issue was definitely due to Messages + as I suspected. With the latest update of Messages +, the issue is totally resolved for me...4G indicator is always off when I am on wifi as it should be.

0 Likes
StevieD2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Spoke too soon...issue is back. I hope one day Verizon will accidentally fix Messages + and the problem will go away.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

StevieD2,

Aw shucks, I'm sorry to hear that the Message+/4G LTE indicator issue has resurfaced for you. So, let's keep digging into this to ensure you have peace of mind.

I know earlier in the thread, my colleague mentioned uninstalling the application and you weren't so fond of that. No worries, we have alternative options for sure. Instead of that, I'd like to know what happens when you utilize Samsung's stock messaging application as opposed to Verizon Messages+. This icon will be the blue messaging icon within the application section. Keep us posted on the phone's behavior when using this. 

Also, when the LTE icon is illuminated during Wi-Fi connectivity, please monitor the usage by viewing the View Data Usage by App header within the link here (http://spr.ly/6607EQBj1). So, checking the usage before using the application(s) when this happens will help determine the root of the issue.

Keep us in the loop with these two steps so we can move forward accordingly.

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
gddeals
Enthusiast - Level 3

disable call filter and see if stays off.

0 Likes
StevieD2
Enthusiast - Level 3

@gddeals wrote:

disable call filter and see if stays off.

Thanks, but didn't work. I have absoulutely detremined that it is Messages + that kepps the 4G lit...no other app.

0 Likes