4.3 update?
vlbcfcl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was going to say that I never received a notice of the 4.3 update back in December or January, but now I'm beginning to wonder if I dodged a bullet.

Is 4.3 that bad??

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4.3 update?
Harleybiker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Pretty new to the forum, but very familiar with Android. Yes the 4.3 update has been terrible for me. Before the update everything worked flawlessly. After the update a lot more connectivity problems. Where I had LTE service previously now i get spotty service. Connecting to a corporate wifi connection used to work flawlessly now I have to sign on every few days. 4.3 introduced Samsung Knox which is supposed to be a security software. It effectively locks down your phone.

If you have ever wanted to install custom roms forget it after 4.3. You can still root though.

Was happy with the previous software so never rooted only after 4.3 i felt the need to and found out that they effectively lock the bootloader. I am waiting for 4.4 hoping that the signal issues improve.

Next phone may be something else besides a Samsung.

BestHR

The 4.3 update is awful!   Now my phone randomly restarts itself, the camera will sometimes lock up, it tells me I'm running out of storage space and I have nothing different on my phone, the phone runs very slow, the battery seems to drain quickly now   My phone was also flawless before this update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BestHR, we want to get your device back to that flawless feeling. It sounds like the update is conflicting with 3rd party applications that have been downloaded to your device. Try uninstalling a few applications and power your device off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PRJ71
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Wireless Customer Support,

You guys are funny.  The only flawless firmware that worked on S3 was 4.1.2.  4.3 totally sucks.

You should really give people the option to downgrade.

0 Likes
BestHR

I absolutely agree with you. 4.3 has made my phone worthless!!

I also wish we could downgrade.

0 Likes
Llaurra01
Enthusiast - Level 1

the update was a joke!    I was NEVER unhappy with Verizon or my GS4 but I can tell ya this much, if it doesn't get resolved, my contract is up in November and I'll be moving on!!   This is just ridiculous!    Since the update to Android, my phone overheats, I have spotty service including INSIDE my house, in an area where I had 4G I get NOTHING, and i have aps that I have a mind of their own.   Friggin FB won't log out..  i just don't get it.  Oh, then lets talk about the DO NOT DISTURB that Android changed from CALL BLOCKING...  stupid.. absolutely useless!  I want ONLY calls from my contact...  i don't want to block calls AND messages!!!!   

0 Likes