4.3 update broke my S4 wifi?
miggo

The Galaxy S4 is the best phone I have had yet. It hasd been solid right up until the past Wednesday when I applied the 4.3 update. Now every night it drops my wifi connection and gets stuck on "Obtaining IP". I have to restart the phone to get wifi connected again or turn off wifi to get 4g data to work. My job requires that I recieve critcal alerts via email and this is a serious problem for me. Anyone else seeing this bug?

0 Likes
Re: 4.3 update broke my S4 wifi?
njuneer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can connect, but the speed will not exceed 3.8 mbps down even thought the signal is very strong and link speed is shown as 72mbps. It also likes to tell me my wifi connection is unstable and it is scanning for networks constantly even when it is connected. Killing my battery and wifi is almost useless.

0 Likes
schreefer

I am unable to use WiFi since 4.3 at any Starbucks.  Some WiFi works (my house gateway / router).  When there is an authentication step such as at Starbucks ("accept the terms and conditions") my device sends a response that it has disconnected the connection because of poor WiFi quality.  I never make it to the sign in screen. I am furious!

0 Likes
ibhummon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Welcome to the club. Lots of us have been having issues, and have received no help from verizon about it.  I finally gave up and got an iphone off ebay because like you I have to have my phone operational for my work in emergency service.  I'm very disappointed with vreizon tech and customer service.  If I wanted to be treated like crap I'd go back to sprint...at least then I wouldn't be paying for all of the data I am using because my wifi doesn't work!

0 Likes
westside100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. I was traveling over Thanksgiving and couldn't connect to the hotel wifi. I've also tried 2 other open access points.

In all cases my s4 connects then imediately disconects before I have a chance to open the browser and sign in.

0 Likes
westside100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got the update today.

I545VRUEMK2

heading to startbucks now

0 Likes
westside100
Enthusiast - Level 2

new update did not fix my problem

0 Likes
westside100
Enthusiast - Level 2

I managed to "fix" my problem.

I did another hard reset. This time I chose not to have my setting restored from Backup Plus. WHen the phone came back up it had none of my setting and apps but the wifi worked! I went to two different starbucks and a grocery store with access points and everything worked!

I could click on the "sign in required" and the browser would pop up to the login screen.

w00t!

schreefer

I addressed the problem by

- accessing advanced wireless settings

- turning OFF "ALWAYS ALLOW SCANNING" and

- turning OFF "AUTO NETWORK SWITCH".

Let me know if this works for you.

0 Likes