Re: 32GB availability
Knitter11
Enthusiast - Level 3

You would have to read the string, Ann, to get to the links to the original press release...unless they've been removed. I also know about their business. I spent 10 years working at AT&T and in the R&D for all phone companies. So, please, everyone, stop telling me about how things work. I know how they work and I know what Verizon should do when they are interested in keeping their customers. Switching is not hard to do and I have a right to tell them what I like and, also, what I do NOT like if they want to keep my business.

You don't have to like or agree with my opinion.

0 Likes
Knitter11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Glad you could wait to find out. I couldn't.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Knitter1 wrote:

You would have to read the string, Ann, to get to the links to the original press release...unless they've been removed. I also know about their business. I spent 10 years working at AT&T and in the R&D for all phone companies. So, please, everyone, stop telling me about how things work. I know how they work and I know what Verizon should do when they are interested in keeping their customers. Switching is not hard to do and I have a right to tell them what I like and, also, what I do NOT like if they want to keep my business.

You don't have to like or agree with my opinion.

Then you should have posted the link to the thread and not a specific message in a discussion. Since you claim to be a former employee of the R&D department of other cellular carrier then you should also know if they have "Do not disclose" policies where confidential information is not released to the public.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Knitter1,

Having enough memory on your device is a paramount concern that I personally always shape my purchases around. So, I read you loud and clear on this. And I apologize that the S4 32GB was not available when you were looking to upgrade. Truth is, our employees typically do not find out about product releases until near launch so it's important to position current devices as to avoid speculation. Regarding upgrading on a regular basis, we did just launch Verizon Edge, which you may wish to check out in the future http://vz.to/17nFkEt . Additionally, if you do have your heart set on the 32GB model, please know we offer a device recycling program for phone appraisal http://bit.ly/GGnDDC , so you can make a full retail purchase of the 32GB.

Evan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Knitter11
Enthusiast - Level 3

First of all I did copy the link above the string. I can't help what you saw when you clicked it. It's the way this site is set up and, since I am not familiar with programming, I am not able to explain to you what happened.

Secondly, I never said I worked for R&D of another cell provider...it's a dept for ALL phone companies, regardless of whether they were cell or not. You've got to be naive to think they all can afford their own R&D for laying lines all over the country. But, you may not know that since you seem, from your comment, to think they do just that. >Comment deleted. Keep personal comments about other members to yourself<

I have no problem praising them to anyone and everyone...I've even been with a friend at the AT&T store while she sought help with her cell phone and I've praised Verizon to the salesman when he tried to get me to switch.

Since I have no problem praising them, AND paying Verizon for service, I have a right to complain...even if it's a rare occasion for me.

>Comment deleted. Keep personal comments about other members to yourself<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
Knitter11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally, a Verizon rep and one who doesn't tell me how to run my life based on their point of view in their lives! Thank you for the info! I will be checking into both of your suggestions. In the meantime, I recommend you pass my suggestion on to the higher-ups that they consider being the first to let their customer buy their next phone with the hardware and features they desire. Not to mention, be the first to allow us to remove software that comes on the phone after a set period of time...like 6 months. I'm sure, with the advances in software, that cell mfg's and providers can set a date for we, the consumer, to remove software we don't want. I don't want to have to unlock/root/whatever to accomplish this.

Regards,

Knitter1

0 Likes
BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

I just was in the VZW store,on 7-20 , in Staten Island..and mentioned the New Driod Ultra and the MOTO X available within the coming weeks.

Not one CSR had the faintest idea  what I described  or spoke off,  and THEY ARE SECOND TO NONE..IMO.

Good BUNCH OF PEOPLE..NOT EXACTLY LIVING THE ULTIMATE CAREER MOVE.

Still you seem to project , that what they don't KNOW ..is the employees "fault" .

When it comes to latest and greatest "stuff".. You need  to make A decision either jump  ASAP or wait a couple of months to see the dust clear...for alot of rea$ons.Smiley Sad

. You want sour grapes?. Ask an individual  that got the DNA and Razr M. the first week

BTW..You're never too old to rock

0 Likes
Knitter11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi BOBD1950,

No, I never meant to imply it was the employees "fault". I know the company controls the release of information. But, they need to ensure that employees aren't emphatic about something not being carried "ever", as the salesmen were with me.

I feel like one of the few that love VZW on this page. I've seen more people trashing the company and I can't disagree more! I love VZW and I believe, based on my experience and what I see my friends and coworkers experiencing with other providers, that this is the best provider of all! I have no intention of switching and next time, and I would have if I could this time, I will wait. Unfortunately, with personal issues occurring, I couldn't wait. Though, as it turned out, I really could have waited because the person I had to give my phone to ended up not needing it.

Rock on!

Knitter1

0 Likes