3 way call merge doesn't work
cosunbeautie

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8.  I have had 2 issues lately without any changes to my phone (other than updates).  

1. My 3 way call merge doesn't work.  I am on a call I go to add a call enter the number and get the other person.  I hit merge and nothing happens. It always says unable to complete merge.  This is has started in the last few weeks.  I have tried it on multiple numbers and with people of Pixel, Apple and Samsung phones.  All fail to merge. 

2. I also had a minor issue of my messages app not giving me notifications despite having all notifications turned on.  The number with a circle telling me how many new wasn't displaying.  It was Messages 10.1.45.20.  I had to use a different version on my phone of Messages+ to get it to give me messages (6.9.12)

I'd like both issues fixed but honestly the 3 way calling one I really do need a fix for.  

All updated on my software and restarted etc.  G950USQS7DTA3  on Jan 27th.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3 way call merge doesn't work
cosunbeautie

So I seem to have figured out the problem myself.  Not sure why this would matter but I have been running out of space on my phone....internal memory and the external MicroSD that I had.  It still had like 5GB open but apparently that wasn't enough to make 3 way calls?  Weird.  I cleared about 20GB of space between the two and now it works fine.  

0 Likes
Re: 3 way call merge doesn't work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cosunbeautie,

We're glad to hear you found the fix. Low memory can cause any device to act up. If you have any additional questions or concerns, We're a quick message away. Thanks for being the very best part of the Verizon family.  KatiM_VZW

0 Likes