3 way call connected but can't hear first party
Prttybrn

Recent problem. I'm on a call. I "Add Call" (3 way). The second person answers. I merge the calls. I can see both parties are there. The call is connected. However, the first person from the original call can't be heard. I can drop the second call and it goes back to the original call. The first caller still shows there, but I can't hear that person. They say on their end it seems like they've been put on hold and I never click back to connect. On my end it shows that it was connected though. This has not always been the case though. Maybe have started after an update. Unsure. It's been going on for a couple months I'm guessing.

0 Likes
Re: 3 way call connected but can't hear first party
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? Are you using the HD Voice feature on your line?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Prttybrn

Hi. I am using the Samsung S6. I have HD Voice and HD Video turned ON.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only thing I can think of is that you are not getting a good 4gLTE signal that's required for the merged calls to work.  The first call is being put on hold while you connect to the third (& 4th, & up to 6th) caller, but the merge is not working.  What happens if you try and connect more than three? (Just curious, and that may also give us a clue as to what is or isn't working)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That definitely sounds odd. May we ask if HD Voice in enabled?

KleoL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Prttybrn, we are not giving up hope on your 3-way calling concerns. Can you please disable Advanced Calling (HD Voice/HD Video) on your device. Then power your phone off/on and test. Please keep us posted on the outcome.

TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Prttybrn

Ok. I am going to try that. Also what is Voice Privacy? Could that be an issue?This only seems to happen with one person. Today I clicked over to answer the other line when I clicked back the original casket was there but... can't hear. I'm going to try what you suggested. I may go into Verizon today.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You don't need to go to a store, Prttybrn. We're right here to help you to get this 3 way calling issue resolved. I appreciate you working with us & the efforts you've put forth so far. Please let us know if turning off the HD/Advanced Calling has helped with this trouble. I would like to continue to work on this. Please see this link that provides exact steps http://spr.ly/65818Zmix (You will look under the heading of "Placing a conference call.) When you are trying to connect everything, are you doing it the same way as in the link? For the person that this is happening with, have they been able to restart their phone & confirm they aren't having any trouble on their end? Lastly with regards to Voice Privacy it's function is to improve the security of phone calls and wouldn't be causing these issues.

AliciaS_VZWFollow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Prttybrn

Went to store. They could only figure out one issue, which was uninstall VZW message. They had no idea about the 3 way issue. Anyway, I did a factory reset. I need to check it to see if that helped. Thanks.

0 Likes