3.0 usb hookup
firsttimer
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I hook my phone up via USB to my computer its says this devise can work faster "yada yada". However my computer HAS four 3.0 USB hubs. Does the phone need to be set to airplane mood to use the faster connection?

0 Likes
Re: 3.0 usb hookup
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for contacting us, firsttimer. What exactly are you trying to accomplish when you hook your phone up to the computer?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

Whaddaya mean "what are you trying to accomplish?"  They want it to operate in USB3 mode so it transfers files faster!  That would seem like an obvious desire for a phone with a USB3 interface.  But they probably also want the phone features to function at the same time instead of being crippled.  Just one of those wild and crazy things some nuts want from a flagship device.

firsttimer, it ain't gonna happen.  When connected to a computer's USB port, you can either use USB3 mode in airplane mode or you can have a functional phone in USB2 mode.

firsttimer
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's how it appeared to me also. Thanks for the response. First "smartphone". Still scratching my head from time to time. Even first hookup to computer with USB gave some kinks about drivers not installed. Got that resloved. Again thanks.

0 Likes
firsttimer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went to the kiosk were I picked my phone up and had a talk with them about drivers and other things when you first hookup threw USB. They were very helpful.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am glad to hear that we were able to work to a solution, firsttimer! Also check out http://vz.to/1i9BRT1 for great device resources!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes