12/8/15 update loss of 4G connection when leaving network extender. What to try?
Morven

Since the update pushed out on 12/8/2015 (G925VVRU4BOK7), both of the S6 edges in my home can no longer re-establish a 4G connection with the cell towers after leaving the proximity of our network extender at home.  There is very, very poor cellular coverage at our home.  Thus, the network extender is great.  When at home, data is supplied through the wifi unless I happen to have the wifi turned off.   However, as soon as leaving the area of the network extender, the phone will continue to work for voice calls but cannot re-establish a 4G data connection.   Turning off mobile data has no effect, but restarting the phone or simply putting it in Airplane mode and then taking it off will allow the 4G data connection to re-establish.  Unknowingly, it's been in the state for a whole day before so I also know it is not an issue with not waiting long enough.

Thus far, I have tried disabling apps, Safe Mode, to no effect.  I have also tried disabling Advanced Calling thinking it may have been related to that functionality.   But, that also had no effect.

This phone has always been poor at connecting through the network extender as it seems to want to try and grab the virtually non-existent cell connection, but now this data connection problem is really annoying.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: 12/8/15 update loss of 4G connection when leaving network extender. What to try?
kwmachine

I have the exact same problem.  I have to reboot my phone every time I leave home or I get no data connection.  Clearly a bug in the latest update.

0 Likes
Re: 12/8/15 update loss of 4G connection when leaving network extender. What to try?
Murph28

Here is the thread I have been posting to about the same issue. mobile data is dropping since the latest update. I have to keep restarting the phone in order for d...

I have also sent numerous emails to samsung and they are telling me there is no issue and no one else has reported a problem. If you are having issues go to Samsung's support site and send them a email telling them about the problem. I talked to a co worker today that is having the same issue. I have seen quite a few people with this issue for it to not be an issue with the latest software update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want your phone to work as good as, or better than before you did software update, Lance. I understand you have done some troubleshooting and issues continue. Upon review of my resources, I see that doing a Wipe Cache Partition may resolve the issues you are experiencing, or improve your wireless experience. Please follow the steps below, and test.
1st- Press the volume up button, home button, and the power button at the same time till the page with Android System Recovery comes up.
2. Select Wipe Cache Partition (DO NOT DO A FACTORY RESET).
3. Then reboot system and test.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Murph28

I did the wipe cache partition and this did not help. Samsung wants me to send them my phone but I really don't want to be without a phone for two weeks.

0 Likes