11/1/18 S7 Update
arlene919

I just allowed the update on my S7 yesterday. To my surprise many of my photos that were on my SD card are gone!. I had several saved in some folders and a few new ones. There was also one motion picture of a now deceased member of my family. Something that cannot be replaced from a copy off my computer as these motion photos are only created via these phones. Most of them can be restored from my computer, but many cannot! This Update never should have erased anything from my memory card!

0 Likes
Re: 11/1/18 S7 Update
Klue
Master - Level 1

For that reason only I have always removed the SD card prior to installing any update. I know you shouldn't have to because it's garbage but I'm not taking any chances. You might be able to retrieve the deleted photos by downloading some recovery software to your computer, loading your SD card into your computer then run the software.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Re: 11/1/18 S7 Update
arlene919

Thank you for the advice. I had a chance to glance at your message earlier when you first posted it but didn't have time to do anything. I saw at the time (I thought) had included a link for that software. I now see that Verizon has modified your response.  Anyway,  I did resolve the issue. Turns out, after the update, phone wasn't "seeing" my SD card. I restarted and re-inserted the card.  Every thing is still there safe and sound. Lesson learned. I'll start backing up photos until I get them transferred.  Thanks again.

0 Likes