will this device wrk on t mobile network? If not, can it be unlocked so it will?
mkledford
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a note 4 and want to switch to t mobile. Will this phone compatible with their network?

0 Likes
Re: will this device wrk on t mobile network? If not, can it be unlocked so it will?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mkledford,

We absolutely want to see you able to use your device. I’d like to help. Was there something going with your services with us, that you were looking to use your device on a different network? I recommend reaching out to the carrier in question and asking them about compatibiltiy requirements, as we would only be able to speak on our network compatibilities.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: will this device wrk on t mobile network? If not, can it be unlocked so it will?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Galaxy Note 4 is fully SIM unlocked from the factory. It may or may not have all the radio frequency bands to be fully compatible with the T-Mobile network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mkledford
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sandy,  thanks for your response.  I have been a Verizon customer...well...since the day that cell phones came out.  What is that? At least 20 years?  It has been my experience that...well...Verizon hasn't appreciated my loyalty.  That's a story for another time....In talking to my friends, many of them feel the same way.  I ask, " what carrier are you with?"  And most of the the I get "Verizon,  but I wish there was someone else".  I feel the same way.  I want to try someone else.  After all these years...I can leave and if I don't like the new service I can always come back and get the exact same deal as I had.  Maybe, if I wait long enough and am considered a new customer, then I can get a better deal.  That, to me, is a little backwards.  So, I am willing the be the guinea pig in my circle and try something else.  I am willing to see what is out there.  I was just hoping someone could tell me if my phone would switch, since I had to buy it outright.  Verizon would not work with me to get an upgrade because I had the unlimited plan..and frankly were not even willing to help.  Nothing personal Sandy....but Verizon doesn't care about the individual.  Your own president even says so.  Verizon is the biggest.....were not going to change....

0 Likes
mkledford
Enthusiast - Level 1

So...I should be able to just get a new SIM card from the new carrier?  I know that they support the note 4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mkledford,

I definitely don't want to lose you and I certainly appreciate your loyalty. I don't want you to ever feel as if your loyalty isn't appreciated. I want you to remain on the best network and I want to continue another 20+ amazing years together. I sent you a private message in effort to review your account and available options. I do want to clarify Verizon Wireless does not lock 4G devices. These devices can be used with a third party local SIM card without any additional steps to unlock the device. Carriers typically use different frequencies and air interface technologies to provide wireless network access. Accordingly, a device that works on one carrier's network may not be technologically compatible with another carrier's network. I suggest inquiring with the other carrier to make sure. Thank you.
TominqueB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes