Re: why won't my Note 3 charge with my original wall charger?
GirlwGreenEyes
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately I have the same issues. There seems to be some problems with the charger and Samsung is aware but seems to deny that it's the phone itself. The cable seems to crap out then I purchased another cable and it worked for a bit then the adapter went out . This new Usb3.0 seems to come with issues I get the same message all the time. My first note 3 i had to return because there was something wrong with the charging port then I got a new one and the same message started to pop up again. I am really disappointed in this phone it would have been great due to its battery life and overall great functioning,but since the kit Kate update my battery life is pretty much in the toilet I could go all day without charging it and now I barely get 4 hours. Suggestions to cut all this stuff on the phone is ridiculous to me as this was not a problem prior to kit Kat. I am thinking that I need to go back to the iPhone. It is my hope that they fix this with an update soon .

Muddratt

I'm having the same issue as well. I have tried multiple cords and chargers. I have plugged it into the wall and my computer. I have even done a factory restart. My phone will not charge at all. I get a red "X" over the battery and a message saying that I need to reconnect my original charger. I can not believe we have not had a single response from Verizon about this.

0 Likes
Sweetwater56
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would contact Samsung I've had a similar issue and there's a defect in some of the Note 3 chargers.

0 Likes
deaddee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I get this message everyday as well. My phone has been frozen tonight for about 6 hrs. I have this happen at least once ever 2 months. Dropped calls are the worse. I really love Verizon but I want to throw my phone at the wall. Some days it rings and I can't answer it. I just start singing do you wanna build a snowman........ frozen get it lol

Franklburger

Had the same problem.  Called Verizon, they sent me to Samsung, Samsung sent me a new charger, problem solved!  For now...  I'm just waiting for it to start again.  I try to be VERY careful when charging not to put any sideways pressure on the charger when it's in the phone.

0 Likes
Dfrazier97
Enthusiast - Level 3

I actually had the same problem. I then used an aftermarket charger that is not a 3.0 but still use the Samsung powerbrick. The thing is, it still charges at the same speed and does not alert the phone that the transfer is not 3.0. I believe it is a defect in the chargers.

MXJoe14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here! Is it the defective phone or a defective charger cable?! I will never buy a Samsung product again if they don't assist with a solution

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry that you're having a issue with the charger. I had the same thing happen. If you don't mind me telling you but I went to Best Buy and had a Samsung Tech fix mine for me while I shopped. I hope that helps,

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Stevecaledonia
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think it is funny how EVERY ONE of your answers to ANY issue is the same "If you don't mind me telling you but I went to Best Buy and had a Samsung Tech fix mine for me while I shopped." . . . I can't believe Verizon is paying you to troll these forums and provide non-answers . . . no wonder my bill is so high . . .

aaronpoulsbowa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Cut a peice of scotch tape the width of the large side of the charging port and 1 inch long. Put it sticky side down centered over the port and press down lightly with a thin knife until it touches the bottom of the port. Pull it out and see what is stuck to it. There was lint in the bottom of mine. Problem solved.