Re: when will note 2 update to 4.3
Maliceful
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tidbits is absolutely right, especially for 4.4.  The Update is designed to bring all devices that have 512 Mb of ram to the same operating system.  The move is a good concept but our Note 2 is capable of so much more with touch wiz than a simple 4.4 upgrade.  The only factor that would matter to most I think would be if they wanted to use Google Wallet as they created a virtual secure element to allow touch to pay systems to function on a device that has been previously prevented from.  This is not enough of a reason for or most IMHO to worry about that date.  The 4.3 got us the galaxy gear full integration and once it is wide spread I do not think there will be as much noise for 4.4.

0 Likes
djkoz1978
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not to rub salt in the wound but the Note 2 is officially the last flagship device to get 4.3. Verizon as we speak is now updating the Galaxy S III. Which imo opinion should have been 1st to receive it then the Note 2 then the S4 and finally the HTC One. Except Verizon rewards those who has bought their latest devices not their existing phones. I've seen this happen over and over. It's happened so often now VZW is the butt of jokes. Yet they've get the last laugh bc they are (removed) billions. Whoops! Stupid Swype I meant to say raking in billions. Swype you crazy knucklehead got me again. Verizon & Samsung lost a sale on the Knox Smartwatch bc of this fiasco. Hey buy our cool smartwatch but you can't use it so we stopped calling it a smartwatch and are now calling it our (removed) Samsung Watch.

Comments edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Who's to say manufacturers didn't submit their updates before Samsung did? If I was a carrier I'd do FCFS.

0 Likes
JohnC118
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now they skip the Note 2 and update the OLDER S3. Unbelievable.

0 Likes
NexusMan21
Contributor - Level 2

What are you talking about? The 4.3 update for the S3 is rolling out now, Verizon released the change log and the Note II must be close to a nationwide rollout with reports of people already getting the OTA.

0 Likes
djkoz1978
Enthusiast - Level 2

After I got the update I posted Google+ how I got the update for my Note 2 by connecting and using through Verizon Upgraded Assistant.  Then another person did the same thing and they also said worked for them as well. Then we were told that that yeah it updated to 4.3 sure but it wasn't exactly for the Note 2 but for the S4 that even though it updated to 4.3 that since it was originally for the S4 it would be missing many features  because it's not the correct update for the Note 2. So I was wondering if it was true and if any knew the truth.

0 Likes
hfoster52
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its downloading for me now but this happened the other day and then said I was up to date.  Do you have a screen shot of the about phone under settings?  That should show the version of the update.

0 Likes
hfoster52
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is updating through the upgrade assistant and will hopefully be all set.

0 Likes
wampwamp

downloaded and upgraded mine and my buddies last night with the verizon assistant. just plugged into the computer and upgraded assistant then a notification came up for software upgrade. and done! and its working great. havnt had a problem like others from diff companies have been reporting.

0 Likes
JohnC118
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why are you replying to me when you have no idea what you are talking about?  I said they skipped the note 2 and are updating the S3 which is an older phone. No one is getting any OTA updates for the note 2 yet or it will be on this page like the s3 is.  http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/information/software_updates.html

0 Likes