Re: when will note 2 update to 4.3
Maliceful
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have not already, download the Galaxy Gear APK file and copy to the SD card, then you can open it on the phone.  It will work with the note 2 except for S Voice and Notifications.  If you want more a nova launcher can be added to the watch and much more can be done with it including tethering your internet to the watch.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

This is what I mean. A device completely out of the carriers hands no waiting nothing.

https://t-mobile.jive-mobile.com/#jive-discussion?content=https%3A%2F%2Ft-mobile.jive-mobile.com%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F58135&anchor=https%3A%2F%2Ft-mobile.jive-mobile.com%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fmessages%2F311298

This doesn't happen in Europe. Things like this is what carriers can say and justify them doing extra quality checking in turn making updates come slower.

Sprint is being blamed for Nexus 5 32GB not being able to be activated on Sprint, but the 16GB activate just fine. They wrote none of the software.

Now what would you do if you get blamed for something you have no control over? Would you just take it and spend your money to fix it? Would you if having the opportunity to test it to reduce you having to spend even more money to replace, ship, troubleshoot would you do that instead?

0 Likes
Fixius
Enthusiast - Level 2

So what does Europe system update management and immature networks like Sprint and T-Mobile have to do with Verizon's lack of concern of customers security? Oh that's right absolutely nothing! The fact of the matter is that this patch isn't coming out any time and soon. Your rant is clearly for your own self gratification.

Yet to answer your question. Firstly never enter into a reseller contract where the carrier/provider accepts risks for functionality or security of the device. Carrier should only provide the facility to support that device for OTA delivery of device updates/upgrades or have the device manufacturer provide an off-network update site to manually update the device. This would in turn only put the carrier on the hook for real issues such as network and services offered and software developed by the carrier.

Problem is solved, no additional money would be spent by the carrier and while you would still have upset customers they would be upset at the manufacturer not the carrier.

Tidbits
Legend

You proved my point...  Even with that agreement...  They have every right if they are the one to get the brunt of the blame.  You yourself... Also if you checked customer forums...  upset customers blame the carrier...  They are proving what you are saying WRONG.  Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7(2013) all prove you wrong which carriers have no control over.  There's also examples back when Android first came out that prove you wrong.

Like i said before we techies know better, but we are the MINORITY.  Majority wins EVERY TIME.

0 Likes
martin143
Enthusiast - Level 1

i talked to verizon tech and samsung yesterday on the phone for 20 mins. the Tech stated she did not see an update listed for the note 2 in the near future, and samsung said there was nothing as of yet for the Verizon SCH-I605 series.  This is aweful. I bought the Gear also, being told i would be able to use it ..... LIE!

JohnC118
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apparently you have to live in Canada if you want this update.  Next up is Antarctica.

0 Likes
pcboy4life

Well if Verizon Wireless does not push the update i will be switching companies i have around 10 contracts with them and we all use the note 2 and i will be switching we should not have to wait for the update and we should be able to use Samsung kies because the Verizon software updater is  not a good software to use they need to make it better i am a IT professional and i know what i am talking about so verizon you need to push up your game. because i will be switching if we do not see the update soon.

0 Likes
GenPatton
Enthusiast - Level 1

I heard from a little blue bird that there is a good chance of it coming out on Dec 12. Lets hope it does!

GenPatton
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased the gear also, informed that it was able to be used by the sales person at the Verizon Wireless Store.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi pcboy4life,

I understand your eagerness and we definitely don't want to lose you as a customer! When a new update is released details will be available here:http://bit.ly/n5snpq. We are here if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport