Re: when will NEWER note 7 be avail to swap to existing customers?
bgblktruck
Enthusiast - Level 2

It looks like new phones will begin to ship to Australia on Sept. 21. This could cut it close to the Sept. 30th deadline Verizon has set. I can only imagine they will extend the deadline, especially if this becomes an official recall.

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission working with Samsung on official recall of Galaxy Note 7

0 Likes
pschatzow
Enthusiast - Level 1

For what its worth, I chatted with samsung support on their website and asked when the Note 7 will be available for purchase.  I do not own one but have an upgrade coming up on the 18th and would like the note 7.  They said Verizon will have them available on Friday the 16th.  Take it with a grain of salt but maybe they have the correct info. 

SKYCRIES57
Enthusiast - Level 2

spoke to a verizon rep last night and she basically said that its "first come first serve" on the newer note 7s. previous owners who swapped their note 7s for something else WHILE WE WAIT, DO NOT have priority to be first in line and WILL NOT be notified when they come in, whatt!!!???

If you ask me, that is sooo un professional. I didn't even get a text,call or personal email explaining what I have and what to do,etc.  Just a generic email from samsung saying turn it in now!

Verizon didn't even contact me. I'm seriously thinking of the apple 7 now, verizon and samsung is really upsetting me and very disappointed in their lack of customer service and mediocre communication to their customers.

bgblktruck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Remember, this is a Samsung problem, not a Verizon problem. Samsung isn't handling this in the best way as they probably should have gone to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, making it a mandatory recall, as opposed to a voluntary one (note, they are now working with the CPSC). That may have made a difference in how the carriers handled it. "Voluntary" means it's up to us to do what we feel is right. So, with the responsibility on our shoulders, and having received the texts from Samsung, we need to keep checking in with Verizon to make sure we get our "new, non-explosive" phones in a timely fashion.

I spoke with someone at my local Verizon store and was a little surprised to see they knew less than I did about the whole scenario, what Samsung is in the process of doing, and when they'd receive new stock. They were very flexible though and willing to work with me no matter when the new stock arrived. I was offered another phone and told I could exchange again for the new Note 7 whenever they arrive. All I need to do is keep checking in with them to see when they do arrive, because right now, they just don't know when that will be. Their estimate was two weeks, but it was more of a guess than anything else.

I'm just glad Samsung is replacing devices and Verizon is being flexible with their initial statement and letting people exchange twice regardless of when the new phones arrive...at least at my local store. I don't mind taking on some of the responsibility to call the store and check stock once a week. Heck, if my local store sold 1000 units, it'd take them weeks to reach everyone, so by me calling them, i might get a new phone much faster than having to wait for someone there to call me, or if I had to go wait in line with all other 999 customers. Nevertheless, I'm like everyone else and can't wait to get a "safe" Note 7. Just accept that you may need to do a little of the legwork since this isn't, per se, a "carrier problem".

0 Likes
VladTheImpala
Contributor - Level 1

I believe that for all of their high-profile fumbling of late that Samsung has lost the initiative. I still have my Note7 and it is lying in its cardboard tomb waiting for me to turn it in. Originally I planned to wait until the new and approved 7s were released but I don't even want a Note7 any longer. I will be pleased to make do with my S7 Edge and the upcoming LG V20; whenever it pleases LG to announce a release date. Something funky is happening with the V20 too and I wonder if it has a battery supply/construction problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your safety is our top priority VladTheImpala. We want you to have the most up to date information regarding the recall. Please click here for the latest information regarding the recall and replacement devices: http://spr.ly/6584B71DC.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

lonestar614
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told this morning by a VZW Rep that the stores would have the replacement Note7s in stock as soon as Monday(9/19) and no later than Wednesday(9/21). A few more days of waiting....

VladTheImpala
Contributor - Level 1

I believe that a confirmed reservation as to when we could surely obtain the New Note7 (I've changed my tune with regard to turning mine in and waiting for the V20) at a physical location would be a nice gesture; Corporate location or otherwise. By now I'm hopeful that concerned parties are aware of this situation.

Jladner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went into my local verizon store today any they told me they will have the new Note 7s in on Monday, Sept. 19th.

_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

I left for a 5-day vacation on 9/21/16, the day Verizon expected to have replacement Note7 phones available, so I called them on 9/22 & arranged for a shipment on 9/23 to be delivered today 9/27.  I did not receive any tracking info by email as was promised, and now they tell me it wasn't shipped & don't know why. 

Shipping status from the link in the order confirmation email still shows expected ship date as 9/23.  I made a point to be home to sign for it, but I will not go to a store to exchange my phone, and would rather be temporarily charged for a new one if necessary.  They reluctantly agreed to ship, giving me up to 20 days to return the recalled Note7 with a shipping label to be included with the new one, but I had to first threaten to return for a full refund & go to another carrier.

So, Verizon has dropped the ball again.  (I say again, because they butchered Samsung's Note7 settings menu to begin with).