voicemail is not active
mjhatari

I switched phones recently (android to android) and thought I had my voicemail setup on my new phone.   When you call my number, it just says, "##### is not available" with no other options.   If I call *86 or my phone number, it goes into the prompts and says everything is working properly.  It seems like it is setup but not active?

I have a Galaxy Note 4

0 Likes
Re: voicemail is not active
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure your voicemail is working is a must, mjhatari. We wouldn’t want you to miss any important messages. That is confusing that when you call *86 or dial your number you’re able to access your voicemail box. Let’s get this fixed. So we can ensure call forwarding is disabled can you please dial *73, wait for the confirmation beep, and once this is completed have someone attempt to call and leave a voicemail once more. Let me know if this helps.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: voicemail is not active
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mjhatari-

Having full access to your Voicemail is certainly important. I am sure we will get your Voicemail up and running. What happens if you press and hold for 1-3 seconds the #1 key from your phone icon?  Does it take you to your Voice mail? Have you tried using the Voicemail app that came pre-installed on your phone?

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes