samsung note 5 "not charging" not plugged in
breoncay
Enthusiast - Level 1

so this is my first replacement of my Samsung note 5, earlier I had issues with the touch screen and now I'm having issues with the chagrining port. I have not dropped my phone nor has it had any water damage. one day while it was plugged into the charger that it arrived with it suddenly disconnected and started beeping like crazy, after it was unplugged it proceeded to say "dock connected" when I had not connected a dock ever and telling me "not charging" while not plugged in. it also commonly opens samung vr setup page. now my phone wont charge at all or if it does it does not hold the charge. this is the second time this has happened, the first time I was in new York and unable to get to a store for assistance, when I returned home the issue stopped.

I am not in any way satisfied with the Samsung galaxy note 5 and I am now currently trapped inside from a blizzard unable to get to a Verizon store to get assistance. however I find it crazy that after all the issues it has given me that I will probably need to pay full price for yet another phone.

Re: samsung note 5 "not charging" not plugged in
mcoomer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm fighting the same battle with my Note 5 as well.  I get frequent "not charging" messages and occasional popups for VR setup.  I found a few posts on the Internet that suggested that following the setup prompts had restored some folks phones to normal but I did that and I'm still getting popup messages.  I've done cache partition wipe as well with negative results.  Don't want to do a factory data reset but not sure where else to turn.

If I find an answer I'll post it here but like youI'm not happy with this situation.  It's pretty obvious that this is a software issue and I'd suspect that Samsung knows about this.  Will they fix it?  Why?  They already have our money.

Mike

Illupmd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too observed the same error today.  Why is it asking me to set up Gear VR?  Please Verizon, give us a solution!

0 Likes
COOKWITHME

I've got the same issue - beeps incessantly and randomly, turns on the screen all while NOT connected to the charger.  Using the original charger and cord - will charge.  Have tried everything including a hard reset,  ( 4/19/16) which did not work.  Was forced to just turn off the sound for the charging cable connection.  As randomly as it started, it stopped for a couple of months, and it started again yesterday.  I get no error messages, but occasionally it will take me to a black screen with the "close" x in the corner.   This is apparently all too common as any google search shows a pretty large number of posts with identical / very similar issues.  Android version 6.0.1, phone never wet, has been in a protective case since day 1 with a charging port cover, and is 8 months old.

0 Likes