Re: samsung note 4 poor cell signal reception
rmervin

How much time will this take? I don't have a half hour that I can spend in a Verizon store.

0 Likes
rmervin

I called support following this conversation. They did some tests and a reset and my data connection appears to have improved somewhat. We are also replacing the SIM as suggested here, it is being shipped to my house...time is money.

0 Likes
nicisageek
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think it is nearing that time for everybody that has been affected by this to band together and get a Class Action started against both Verizon and Samsung.  This will force both companies to sort it out or replace these devices.  I am disturbed to my core that an iPhone 6 would be working in the same spots my Note 4 doesn't. 

0 Likes
Candle
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh brother. "class action." Talk about overkill. Lighten up, people. "disturbed to my core?" I can think of a lot of things that disturb me to my core, but having a weak signal on my Note 4 isn't one of them. Incidentally, I do have that that problem, which is why I'm in this thread, but I'm working through the various approaches I'm seeing to fixing the problem before I contact Verizon. If worse comes to worse, I'll move to a different phone or something. I'm not going to go after the companies that make these amazing gadgets and provide the services that they run on.  There are bound to be challenges all along the way, but again, it's not going to disturb me to my core. Disturbing to my core? There's enough of that in this world, but this isn't it.

rmervin

Okay...You can pay $700 for a phone and just "move to another phone or something" if it fails to work properly. That must be very nice... I'm a big Samsung fan but this would not be their first class action or recall. They handle these things pretty well. But a defect has to be proved before the issue is resolved. The problem here is that the issue may well be software... My core is not yet disturbed, but every time I pay an installment on a device with issues I cannot resolve I lean further in that direction.    

0 Likes
C4ROLLO

I had same issue with my Note 3 after OS update. I called Verizon tech support many times because of signal issues (very weak or 4G to 3G to 1X to nothing). I put my phone in safe mode, replaced SIM card, performed soft and hard resets and pulled baterry. After about the 6th tech I spoke with, the last tech reviewed my previous call ins and said that what I did was all that could be done. Samsungs antennas were know to "burn out" after system updates. My last conversation lasted about 2 minutes with tech, his fix was he sent me a replacement phone. I said that I didn't want a refurbished phone! I recieved a new phone (never owned but opened to test the antenna after new OS was installed) in the mail 2 days later because of manufacturer defect, not an insurance claim. I didn't pay for a new phone!  If you have signal issues and you have been through these steps.......get a new phone!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
rmervin

I read you, but I didn't have an OTA update. Verizon shipped me a preloaded Android 5 Note 4. So my assumption, such as it may be, has always been that the defect was is in 5.0. My phone has never worked like the 2014 release. It also seems that complaints about performance loss after the update are common place.

As I mentioned, my phone performance improved after support did some network resets and I also have replaced the SIM as recommended here by support. So far, I have only made one phone call.

I'm not completely satisfied: I still can not accept a Cisco certificate to set up PEAP. But Verizon support has not suggested hat I do software resets and besides 5.1 is coming...I will wait for the OTA. I may have to call support again. I would hope that anyone that is having these sorts of issues would make a phone call not just post to this community. I would prefer that my Note 4 had worked out of the box like the Note 2. Oh well..

0 Likes
crzymscn1

Figured I'd speak up too.  It seem that there are some bad things going on with the Note 4 since the Lollipop update.  My phone used to run smooth and get great reception.  I was out in the sticks when I did my update (where I normally get great reception), but the weather was bad, so I chalked it up to that.  But poor reception has been a persistent problem.  I am very dissatisfied with Verizon.  I can't walk into a store without loosing all bars.  I get no reception in my office.  I'm lucky that I get reception in SOME parts of my house (not in the sticks anymore!).  I've tried ALL of the things suggested on this forum, including running the repair assistant.  There is no fixing this issue on the user end.  PLEASE VERIZON, HELP US BE ABLE TO USE OUR PHONES TO MAKE CALLS AGAIN!  My wife is 9 months pregnant... I'd hate to miss that call! 

0 Likes
Lurch702
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm jumping in here as well!! Getting really frustrated by signal issues on my Note 4 as well. Just hoping by posting in one of the many threads about this issue that I'll find someone who has found a resolution to this problem.

0 Likes
Mrschiz81

I am also having same problem it's not just in my home also at work or just out.  I called they factory reset three times.  I recently got a new sim card no change.  I hate to leave verizon but why pay for service if I'm not getting service.

0 Likes