Re: repeating emails
william47

Solving POP3 multiple email receiving issue.

First… I spoke with Verizon Tech support today and found the following:  The web site (Verizon.net) email server may have issues with the flag for read messages being set.  I deleted all old messages from the web site and behold… no more issues with repeated messages being sent to my phone.

Below are the conditions I have set on my phone in the advanced tab.

• Incoming server (POP3): 995        
  • Outgoing server(SMTP): 465
  • Type of encrypted connection: SSL
  • Leave copy of message on server: Choose your selection.
  • Delete email from server: Never

Hope this helps…

0 Likes
Blorff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm pretty sure it's an email bug. Having mail NOT be deleted from the server when retrieved is a perfectly valid setting. People who retrieve mail for the same account to a desktop will want to have this set so they get their mail on their PC.

A compliant program should keep track of the messages it has downloaded and not download them again.

Verizon, please fix this bug.

0 Likes
william47

You are correct… It is a bug!  I believe the not read flag setting in the web mail portal is the culprit.  Just for note… I have a note 2 that is not affected.  What I do as a short term solution is to make sure my home systems are updated prior to web mail deletion.                            

0 Likes
Blorff
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I don't think it's the portal. My email is hosted with GoDaddy. The bug appears to be in the phone.

0 Likes