Re: "Your Internet connection is unstable" on Note 3
cmherron
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the info.  Most of what I have read thus far makes it seem like it's mostly a VZW issue, but some of that could have come before the 4.3 update.  It would be great if it would be resolved sooner than later.

DADreyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having a similar issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II and have loved it until the last software update. Now I get wifi unstable all the time... nothing has changed about my network save for the software update. Update status is this:

Last Successful Software Update from Verizon Wireless

update_SCH-I605_MC3_to_MJ9

Result: Software update successful

11:36 01/10/2014

This is ticking me off.

DADreyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK... fingers crossed here. I found in Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks... I found that Network mode was defaulted to Global. I changed it to CDMA/LTE/EVDO and so far I have not run into an issue with unstable connection. Could it have been this simple?

Stay tuned... I will see what happens in the morning... if still good it might be the way to go.

0 Likes
DADreyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

That seems to have fixed the issue,

0 Likes
tabadamst
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also tried this last night.  This morning I received the message that my Internet connection was unstable just like before.  I'm not sure changing which mobile network you may use would affect your wireless connection. Global is only needed for out of the country I think.  We will probably just have to wait for a fix or the update to KitKat.

0 Likes
sykadelic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Didn't work for me Smiley Sad

My internet just drops in and out. It's soooo irritating. I was trying to play a game on my phone last night and it kept disconnecting.

Do we know if anyone is actually working on a fix for this or are we just talking to ourselves?

cowboychincs
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is quite obvious that we are discussing this among ourselves... once in awhile, a VZW tech pops up and tells someone to remove all their apps, do a hard reset, and all will be fine... but that does not work either... for some odd reason,they (VZW) are keeping their heads down and NOT acknowledging that the new release is the culprit... it is NOT their problem... but it would have been nice of them to at least acknowledge the problem and give us some estimated time-frame where we might see a release fix... but thus far... no comments by VZW... several of the folks on the VZW forums have filed complaints with the FCC.. but no results have shown up thus far... so we all must sit back and suffer for as long as it takes... no other choice except trade your impacted phone in on one that was NOT impacted by the release....  sorry... no help... just the facts...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DADreyer,

I know this could get frustrating very quick. We want to get this back on track ASAP. I do have a step that I would like for you to try. Go into Settings-> Wi-Fi -> Menu -> Advanced -> Check "Auto network switch" Test it out to see if you are able to keep that connection to your wi-fi. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tabadamst
Enthusiast - Level 2

KevinR_VZW,

This says "Mobile data may be used to maintain a stable Internet connection.  This may increase data usage."  Since I am now on a data plan, how much data is used to "maintain a stable Internet connection".  Is this going to constantly search for wireless networks??

IS there a hotfix coming?  IS this corrected in KitKat?  When will VZW start rolling this out to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 users?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sykadelic,

I know that having an unstable internet connection can be very irritating. Have you tried to turn off the "Auto Network swtich"? Settings>Wifi> Tap the Menu Key(to the left of the home button)>Select "Advanced"> Turn off "Auto network switch". Let us know if this helps!

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes