Re: "Your Internet connection is unstable" on Note 3
dlc82sv
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, by all means make sure your wasting your data when your wifi drops!

0 Likes
BigMcGuire85
Enthusiast - Level 3

Using a Build.prop editor - one can change the persist.radio.add_power_save to 0 from default value of 1. Helps a TON with WiFi issues - doesn't make them perfect, but takes a 44ms latency 9mbps down bandwidth test to 14ms latency 37mbps down on the same wifi network.

The MJE radio firmware seems to err too much on the side of saving battery that it makes WiFi unusable - at least that's my guess. Most likely there's something fundamentally wrong with the firmware. But thanks to the locked bootloader (thanks Verizon!) we'll have to wait till they (removed) out of it with adware before we get KitKat.

And Re posters here: Forced Adware doesn't help - that's why rooters get EASILY 1.5x the battery life (and in many cases 3x) when they root. Why should we be forced to let Verizon make money off of us on phones WE purchase with our own money? I can understand on subsidized phones but even then - it's alienating customers ... I'm on the Edge plan myself.

Edited as required by the

Message edited by admin_moderator

0 Likes
dlc82sv
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I access that value? To change the 1 to a 0 to increase my wifi and

decrease my ping time. I get six to 7 megs down on my 100 meg connection.

My connection is equal to a T1. It's plenty stable.

0 Likes
BigMcGuire85
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rooting discussion removed as required by the

We've got FIOS here at my work and those are my speedtest.net results

Message edited by admin_moderator

0 Likes
chadmanx

Popping in to add my name to this growing list. I have had two Note 3's - the first one had an SD Card malfunction - and both have this "wifi connection unstable" issue. I've done all the suggestions in this thread and have read all 15 pages completely. None of the solutions worked for me. What's worse, it's starting to happen more frequently. It used to occur once a day, but now it's every hour or so that I'm loading a webpage, playing a game, or anything else that I'd require wifi for. It has NEVER not said "wifi connection unstable" when on wifi. Every router, every brand name, everywhere.

I've just returned from the Verizon store as well who, at first, was trying to tell me this was a "feature" of the device. Verizon has done nothing in the past to convince me that 1) a kitkat update will actually come to the Note 3 and 2) that the update will solve this issue. I have seen the problem occur at the same frequency on both MJ versions.

The appropriate time for a fix to come has already passed. This is starting to get into the realm where this issue permeates through all aspects of this device's use and I'd rather turn it in for a different phone. If Verizon won't be doing anything about this, we need to know.

0 Likes
rhugginsj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been reading about this topic since I got the phone in November. This is a Verizon issue. Every person in the forums I've read about says they have Verizon and no problems with at&t or tmobile, or at least this is from what I've read a dominantly verizon issue

redsandvb

Hello All-

I'm wondering if anyone that got the Android 4.4 update (I've read it's available throught the PC and just started OTA for the Note 3) has had any success overcoming this problem?

Hope so! 

0 Likes
cgage823
Contributor - Level 1

Since the update I haven't had any issues with the WiFi

0 Likes
mogoose

It's not just a Verizon issue. I'm with Bell in Canada, and I have the same problems. After using $50 in additional data over the last two weeks, I just want to return my Note 3 and go back to an iPhone.

0 Likes
Richiewvrich

I have also had the same issues for months now. I haven't had any success in fixing these wifi unstable issues. I have a note 2 and my previous 1 did it also. The common denominator here seems to be the last update. I own a company with 8 employees all with Verizon.  Since Verizon doesn't want to acknowledge and fix the issue we have decided go with att&t. I have been with Verizon for 10 years and I'm just sick of the horrible customer service.  There will be a class action suit in the future for this I'm certain

0 Likes