their router from 20mhz to 20/40, or something like that. I tried that as

well, with no success.

That, combined with your experience with bluetooth and the general

randomness of the symptoms being reported, makes me think that this could

be related to interference or antennas.

0 Likes
Re: "Your Internet connection is unstable" on Note 3
acey99

Add another one affected.  I have sent emails to Samsung and chatted with a Verizon rep.  The Verizon rep had not heard of this issue.  But I guess she logged all the info for a ticket she was submitting. Whatever that means. I too am on the MJE update.  Please fix this Verizon!!  We don't care if this is a Samsung or Verizon issue.  Get a software update out!

Thank you

0 Likes
JRAHNBO2
Contributor - Level 2

This just started happening to me this morning.  Never happened one single time over the past 3 months. No other wireless devices having an issue. No new apps or anything like that. Rebooted everything network related and the phone.   Happened a few more times.  After following these threads for a while I can now say, "I feel your pain."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tabadamst,

Thank you for reaching out to us. There is no certified amount for how much data will be used. This option will switch to 4G if the connection to the wi-fi is not strong enough to maintain. Once the wi-fi connection is restored then it will connect back to it. There is no known updates coming currently for any updates on the device, but you can keep up with info here http://bit.ly/n5snpq. Let us know if you need anymore assistance.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
cowboychincs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear TonyG... A pretty limp reply to the issues we are all experiencing... you are not addressing the majority of the issues we each are experiencing with the result of the last Android SW release... and you really gave a worthless path for us to use to find out about any future update to remedy the situation.... I would give you 3 stars out of 10... and the only kudo you get is at least a response....  PLEASE escalate the issue to your senior management... if you take a look at this particular thread, and the other 2 or 3 threads with respect to the issues folks are having as a result of the Android SW release, you will quickly get a clear picture of what we are all going through... then take this material, escalate it, and then have a senior tech make an appropriate reply to each of these threads... the reply should acknowledge that there are significant issues as a result of this SW release, that VZW is working with the SW vendor(s) to come up with a release fix, and that VZW will keep us notified along the way on each of the forum threads... if you (and VZW) would do this, it would at least give us some hope that VZW is actually working on the issue and how best to resolve it... if VZW does NOT do the above... I am confident that the majority of us will look for any possible way to move to a different phone platform AND another carrier that might show that they are indeed concerned about their customer base... can I be any clearer?

brookebrookebrooke
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just a note to say mine has suffered this same malady from day 1....

My Note 3 was delivered to me on 10/10/2013

They've replaced it once already because of horrendous Cell reception. I loved the other things about the phone so much that I let the 14 days expire and didn't swap for another model altogether. They sent me a replacement Note 3 that worked a little better than my first one.

Neither work like my old Razr Maxx.... My wife's Galaxy S3 works great here too.

I sincerely believe this is a problem with the new antenna on the Note 3 and the power management it uses for the antenna.

Verizon knows there is a problem, as do we.

Next time I will not be an early adopter of a Samsung product. The Note 3 is a fantastic device but the phone reception is absolute rubbish.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

acey99,

Let's get your phone all patched up and just the way it was before. Were you able to receive a confirmation number for the escalation of this matter from our chat representative? If so, please accept my follow request, follow me back and send me a direct message so we can further assist.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cowboychincs
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dear AdaS_VZW..... Don't forget the rest of us.... we all need to get our phones fixed as a result of the Android SW release... please inform all of us how to get our phones repaired....

HPCgeek

Well said cowboychincs.

Ditto VZW- I have just switched to VZW (from AT&T) and have 11 days left on the "happy customer" time clock. It would be nice to have a proper reply to this defect/bug to help  decide whether to remain with VZW.

Sincerely.

0 Likes
redsandvb

How many of you with this wifi, or cell reception, problem have purchased the phone just recently vs months ago?

0 Likes