Re: "Your Internet connection is unstable" on Note 3
sarcos
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes that is something I have also tried. I will probably contact someone shortly to get a replacement device. But plan to check the replacement before mailing mine back in.

2manycars4me
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've deleted my Wi FI connection re-added shortly after. I've also tried different Wi Fi besides my home location all with an "Internet Connection Unstable".

sarcos
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just called vzw, nothing they could do. Said they were aware of the issue and I need to wait for a potential software update that may fit my issue. Also to make sure and watch my data usage so I don't go over and receive overages. Not willing to send a replacement device because it won't fix the issue. But did offer to update my data connection, guessing she meant resend my information to the switch, which she said may fix my wifi issue. Also said I could call samsung. So I called samsung, and they aren't aware of an issue but I can send in my phone for repair and she will note the issue and we can hope that they are able to fix it. Or I can wait for the next software update, which they don't know when it may come out.

So yeah that's great. $300 phone 2 months old, doesn't work on my wifi so I am forced to use more data and either go over my data or raise my plan.

Also the attempt at turning my mobile data off while using wifi is not working. I still lose wifi connection.

Who's an excited customer? Not this guy...

redsandvb

Does giving the Note 3 a static IP address in your router setup help at all?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get you connected 2manycars4me! Have you tried running the device in Safe Mode to see if there may be any applications that is interferring with the connectivity? http://vz.to/1kOSTSH Keep us posted!

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
justadude8

I've had the same issues and gone through all the steps. I'm glad you said they at least know about it. I have had no luck learning anything from my VZW store. Is there any eta on the software update?

0 Likes
2manycars4me
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went down to the Verizon store Saturday and spent 1.5 hours trying to get the problem resolved. They could not replicate the problem with "Internet Connection Unstable". It was noted in my account I was having issues, only after the Manager acknowledged his Note 3 had the same issue and it was probably a software issue with Verizon.I expressed my displeasure at having a $300 dollar phone and in two days it will be over the DOA period. If the phone continues to have issues I would then get a lovely used phone as a replacement. THANKS for NOTHING VERIZON. Strange how none of the Note 3's on AT&T have this problem.

I've tried the factory reset, used two different routers on my network, connected on an outside network all with the same issue. All except the magical Verizon store kingdom. I'm checking T-Mobile's coverage and might take the buyout to get out of the new contract and away from Verizon. This whole issue and the texting issue has left a very sour taste from Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there 2manycars4me,

The last thing we want is for you to leave the VZW family. I am incredibly sorry about the concerns you're experiencing with the internet connection on your device and definitely want to ensure we review all possible options. Newer Samsung devices were designed to utilize a feature called "Auto Network Switch" which allows a device to fall back to the cellular network when Wi-Fi is unstable or weak. You can turn this feature off by visiting Settings > Wifi > Menu > Advanced > Turn off Auto Network Switch

Additionally, it is possible that the Wifi router you're connecting to may need a firmware update. Please contact your router manufacture or internet service provider to check.

Keep us posted on your results!

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

sarcos
Enthusiast - Level 2

So your answer to the problem of the wifi not working and kicking to the data connection and using all of the data, is to turn off the the automatic switch to data. So then you expect the person to just not have data?

Problems I see with your logic, going over data because your wifi doesn't work? Turn off the data and still no wifi? You are ignoring the fact that the wifi isn't working, that it is a known issue and you have a $300 flagship phone with a known issue and you expect people to wait for a software update that may fix the problem to come out at an undetermined time. I would love for you to contact me and tell me how your going to fix this issue when Samsung isn't even currently acknowledging a problem.

2manycars4me
Enthusiast - Level 2

If it was one router, fine I could understand it. I have used two different routers on my home network and experienced the issue at McDonalds, Best Buy and Starbucks. All places other people were not having an issue with the connection. If I still had my unlimited data plan, it would be a non issue and I would just run on 4G. But instead of paying $800 for the phone to keep the unlimited data I went with a 2 GB data plan. If you want me to turn off the wifi then turn on the unlimited for the same price I'm paying now or fix the issue with the Note 3.

I have a brand new Almond router with all the current firmware and sitting 1 foot from the router I get two bars of WiFi and an internet connection unstable. My iPad on the other hand is full signal strength sitting in my other hand. Now what is the issue with the Note 3? My TV, Blue Ray and Satellite TV receives all receive a better signal than the Note 3.

Do I need to wrap the phone in Tin Foil to get a good signal? Do I need to carry around a signal booster to keep connection to the WiFi?

There is something wrong with the Note 3 and Verizon needs to step up to the plate and fix it quickly. Like I said earlier, T-Mobile is looking better. Makes me laugh thinking Verizon wanted to sell me a few other items to use for our landline and internet. They can't even get a flagship phone to work right, how is the rest of the stuff suppose to work?