is the pressure on the S pen adjustable?
kgibbs65
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to my local verizon store to try out the note 8 and i had to press down really hard to make the S pen write on the screen.  Is the pressure level adjustable?

0 Likes
Re: is the pressure on the S pen adjustable?
bearone21
Legend

no....do you have a protector screen??

0 Likes
QASuper

Yes, I have the Verizon made and installed screen protector. I turned on the developer functions and enabled pen tracking. It shows that sometimes the screen just isn't receiving a "pen-down" message. Other times, it never gets a "pen-up" message, and I have to move the pen far away to stop it. I also find that rolling the pen while pressing will sometimes make it start working correctly again.

Is the pen defective?

0 Likes
samanthat_vzw
Verizon Employee

QASuper, we always want to make sure that you're enjoying the best possible experience with your device. The S-Pen is definitely quite a hot selling point for the Note series and we don't want you to have any issues. We want to ask a few questions to help us isolate the exact issue and make sure we can take the necessary steps to get this resolved.

First, you've mentioned that you stopped into the Verizon store to check out the Note 8. Did you end up purchasing the Note 8 after all or do you currently have a different make/model? On your current device, do you experience any issues with the touchscreen when you're not using the S-Pen? Also, are you able to duplicate the issues with the S-Pen on any other touchscreen device?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

have you re-booted the phone??

0 Likes
QASuper

Greetings, and sorry for the delay. Yes, I have rebooted the phone.

In the troubleshooting, I have replaced the tip on the stylus, with no appreciable improvement. Sometimes it does not let go when I lift the pen from the screen. Other times it will not actuate when I press the tip down, even with more than normal pressure.

I have notices that SOMETIMES I click the stylus pen top and it will fix the issue. I have also noticed that the side button works in all cases.

This phone has the VZW screen protector, as part of the promo on new phones. It leaves much to be desired on the finger sensitivity.

0 Likes