how do you get a REFUND for Note 7. No required to 'upgrade" to a lessser phone
PSDATL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is Verizon Pushing Note 7 users to "Upgrade" to a Lesser Phone??  I upgraded my Note 5 to the Note 7, if I cannot keep my Note 7,  I will just go back to using my Note 5. Im not interested in Replacing  my Note 7 for a  lessor Phone that I have no interest in owning.   I want a  REFUND  on my Note 7 and I'll jsut go back to using my Note 5.  For some Verizon hasn't Listed instructions on how to get a Refund for your note 7 only how to swap it out for another phone.  Samsung cleary states we are entitled to a REFUND on our Note 7, we do not have to trade the Note  7 in for a lesser phone that we do not want. VERIZON how do I process a Refund for my Note 7, I am not interested in replacing the Note 7 with a lesser phone.   I just want a REFUND on my note 7  so I can  go back to using my Note 5 and put all this Drama behind me. VERIZON-where are the instructions on how to get a Refund for my note 7

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do you get a REFUND for Note 7. No required to 'upgrade" to a lessser phone
danieller_vzw
Verizon Employee

It’s important you are able to upgrade to a device of your liking, PSDATL. We’d like to make sure we address all of your concerns regarding the recall and upgrade option. You do have the option to return your device and receive full credit for your Samsung Note 7 once the device has been returned. You will receive return packaging to your billing address to ship your device back with. The Note 5 can be activated here, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/activate-switch-or-bring-your-own-device-faqs/. You can learn more about the Samsung recall here, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall-faqs/.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: how do you get a REFUND for Note 7. No required to 'upgrade" to a lessser phone
skizdidlyidler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here, I could just return my Note 7 and use my old iPhone 6S until a decent replacement phone comes out. Would I still be able to upgrade at any time after the return? And would the refund be cash/check or only account credit? What if I switch carriers?

0 Likes
Re: how do you get a REFUND for Note 7.  No required to 'upgrade" to a lessser phone
dtemple427

Same here. I would just like to reactivate my note 4 that I decided to keep as a spare.

0 Likes
tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

Same here.

One catch there:  who's going to activate the old phone for us?  Will they charge us the re-activation fee again for this transaction?  (hmmm...u know, Verizon is trying to cash in at any corners here AFAIK...LOL)

0 Likes
Dresdens
Enthusiast - Level 3

I chose not to upgrade but went back to my Galaxy S5.  I believe they want you to upgrade to lock you in for another two years.  But going back to my old phone, I can elect to get a different phone, if something comes out that I want, as soon it become available. 

They reactivated my old phone at the store yesterday.  No re-activation fee.

The folks at my local store yesterday just as frustrated as we are.

0 Likes
danieller_vzw
Verizon Employee

It’s important you are able to upgrade to a device of your liking, PSDATL. We’d like to make sure we address all of your concerns regarding the recall and upgrade option. You do have the option to return your device and receive full credit for your Samsung Note 7 once the device has been returned. You will receive return packaging to your billing address to ship your device back with. The Note 5 can be activated here, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/activate-switch-or-bring-your-own-device-faqs/. You can learn more about the Samsung recall here, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall-faqs/.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rashadm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We value you as our customer and would never want to see you leave skizdidlyidler. We are here to make this process seamless for you so that you have no need to switch carriers. After returning the device, you would still have the option to upgrade whenever you want as your upgrade date would be reset. The refund would be provided in the same method in which the payment for the device was made. If it was billed to the account, there would be a credit applied to offset the charge. If it was billed to a credit/debit card, a refund would be issued to the card.

0 Likes
skizdidlyidler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rashadm_VZW

Thanks for the clarification on the refunds. However I'm still confused on the upgrade options. I would say at least 75% of people with a Note 7 traded in their old phone when they upgraded (that's how I did it). That means we don't have an old phone to use until another decent phone is released. And we would not have forfeited our old devices to "upgrade" to any of the other available phones currently. So to ask us to just choose from your current selection to replace our Note 7 while losing our availability to upgrade for 2 years is out of the question! I believe we should not only be able to upgrade for free to the new S8 or Note 8, and also be the first to receive them as we got the short end of the stick.

Please advise.

DCGUCCI1
Enthusiast - Level 3

so you are saying if I get the S7edge now as a replacement , I can still upgrade to the S8 when they are released in the spring at no additional expense ... like having to pay off the S7 .. ?

0 Likes
Rgray215
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exactly! In no way shape or form should there be ANY cost to the customers. If anything, there's going to be a credit between the costs of the Note7 and the downgrade for sure.

But, if you're buying things that equal more money spent, you pay the difference then of pocket!

Our upgrade eligibility needs to be reset!

Currently what some people don't know, is that, for those that own the Note7, you're also a part of the program to be eligible to trade in to the newest Note when current note is paid 50%. We're out on that deal too.

Talk about getting the shaft.

0 Likes