contacts will not load onto car's system even though paired with phone
amhaj

I have a new 2014 Chevy Traverse and I successfully paired the car with phone and said yes to all of the requests to permit the car to get the contacts, e-mails, texts, etc, but my contacts will not load onto the car's system.  This is very frustrating, as I have the ability to make calls by voice, but I have to look up every number on my phone in order to call through the car.

0 Likes
Re: contacts will not load onto car's system even though paired with phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amhaj,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with pairing your device with your car bluetooth fully. We certainly want you to get the full options available. Since you can get the general bluetooth set up, what errors are you getting with the specific contact transfer. If you are able to actually pair the device overall, it may be something more on the car manufacturers end. Have you tried reaching out to Chevy http://bit.ly/1lDdKOm? Please keep us updated on this because we want to make sure this is resolved.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SamZTB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd check your car's owners manual. Not all cars will transfer the phone book.  My husband and I both own 2011 Nissans and Galaxy Note 2 phones. I have an Xterra and he has a fully loaded Titan.  His Titan will not transfer the names (he has to save individual numbers in the truck's "Phone book") but my Xterra does.

0 Likes
TomPape

I have the same problem where my Galaxy 4 pairs up with my 2013 Buick,  but the problem is new, for the first 2 months I had the phone, the contacts list transferred fine and I could ask the car to dial any number in my phones directory.  Then all of a sudden it stopped, And though it pairs up, it fails to recognize my contacts list.. I also have OnStar recently renewed.  I'm wondering if OnStar took control of where the cr looks for contacts list.

0 Likes