android.process.acore malfunction
drrick81
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since downloading and installing the update, I get the following error message: "Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped."  I can't access my phone applications and functions  without repeatedly clicking "OK" every few seconds.  HELP!

How do I reset the android.process.acore?  I have tried restarting my phone, turning it off and back on, and removing the battery; none of these actions result in any change. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: android.process.acore malfunction
dustinmullen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Switch off the Galaxy Note 3 completely.

- you can remove the battery and then re-insert it after several seconds pass by.

Next, press and hold simultaneously Volume Up, Home and Power.

Release the buttons when the screen flickers and then wait for the Recovery Mode main screen to appear.

- if the Recovery Mode doesn’t boot, then you should keep trying until it does.

Now, select using the volume buttons 'wipe cache partition'

Press the power button to select

Verify that it was done successfully

Scroll up to reboot phone now and press the power button

*** It's normal to see the word 'error' by the little Android guy when booting into recovery...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dustinmullen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try clearing the cache by booting into recovery...that's fixed all kinds of weird issues I've had in the past.

0 Likes
drrick81
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion, but just how do you accomplish the reboot as you recommended.  I thought I knew just about everything about the Note 3, but obviously I don't have a complete understanding of the finer points of this phone, especially with the new Kit Kat update.  Can you take me through the steps of the reboot?  Please...

0 Likes
dustinmullen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Switch off the Galaxy Note 3 completely.

- you can remove the battery and then re-insert it after several seconds pass by.

Next, press and hold simultaneously Volume Up, Home and Power.

Release the buttons when the screen flickers and then wait for the Recovery Mode main screen to appear.

- if the Recovery Mode doesn’t boot, then you should keep trying until it does.

Now, select using the volume buttons 'wipe cache partition'

Press the power button to select

Verify that it was done successfully

Scroll up to reboot phone now and press the power button

*** It's normal to see the word 'error' by the little Android guy when booting into recovery...

0 Likes