Wow this well End the Note7
kathy65793
Master - Level 1
Re: Wow this well End the Note7
TSARYTSIN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you Verizon! Finally somebody stands up to Samsung's worldwide bullying campaign  and stands by its customers .  Go Big Red!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

On one hand Verizon has a great point in leaving people without communication in an emergency situation and during the holidays. On the other hand, they are opening themselves up to legal risk that up to now would all feedback to Samsung. Now Samsung has a solution, Verizon refuses. If a building burns down or some other catastrophe that could even remotely be linked to a Note 7, the legal risk could all be on Verizon now giving an implicit ok to keep the phone.

And people complained about Verizon being the intermediary and blocking or delaying updates before... Now they are great.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I'm not saying that Verizon is great for doing this.I will say that it is a catch 22 either way

0 Likes
TSARYTSIN
Enthusiast - Level 3

And 6 iPhones in China burn up last weekend, not a concern....All you Chicken Littles out there decrying the Note 7 need to just get your tin foil hats on and find your safe space , I  am so over your lecturing on world safety.

cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I never left my Note 7 connected to direct charging since the issue, I charged wirelessly mostly.  The Note 7 never even got as warm/hot as my Notes 3,4, &5 So I wasn't worried....I sent it back as I'm flying to my daughters and couldn't take it on the airlines, or I'd still have it.....

....I was waiting on the Pixel XL 128gb, even tho' I preordered on the 18th, as of 12/1 I didn't get shipped as promised, so I went w/ the regular Pixel.....[Removed].....the screens small, the home and back buttons take up space in the screen, so to close any app that uses the whole screen, you have to tap on the program to bring up home, current apps, and back icon...STUPID!!!!  Hopefully I can get an XL after the first.

Other thing, I don't like the camera, and many other features, but it sure as heck beats my old 1st edition of the Galaxy Nexus...man it was sloooooooooow.

So I REALLY look forward to Aug for the Note 8

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

What people have to remember is that this is a mandatory recall.  By even CPSC standards, that means all of the defective products, regardless of whether or not those products are displaying the issue, must be recalled and received.

This recall has been going on for what, about 3 months now?  The furor over the recall has died down, making it easier to make those exchanges even if Verizon has made the process overly painful with their conflicting processes in both stores and online; I said it before, whomever devised this return process needs to find a new job or Verizon needs to update their contingency plan to formulate a better response to potential recalls.

Those still hanging on to the Notes have more or less not given Samsung a choice in the matter.  Samsung had to do something to further force people to turn in the defective products as it is THEIR collective rumpus' on the line if a phone still out there has the issue; they can't take that risk.

While Verizon is suddenly acting all noble about not pushing out this update for "holiday" emergency reasons, they are still making it incredibly painful to return the phones which is why so many have hung on to the Notes.  I got lucky, more or less, in that I was able to get a different phone within just a few days of the recall..I was getting ready for work travel so really had no choice, but a Verizon kiosk had the phone I wanted (as a second choice to the Note) where my local stores were out and phones were on backorder.  I had my refund within 14 days of the exchange, but had to wait 5 weeks, including three phone calls and two chat sessions, to get the return box to return the Note.

Verizon had better hope the Note 7s still out there are ones that won't have any issues.  While I can vaguely understand their reasoning, they are still taking a risk.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

VzW will push the update 1/5/17:

And here it comes

prplrush
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have waited and waited for my replacement phone......pixel xl.....preordered and all.....now waiting until some-when in January, and it probably still wont ship then?! So today i called them and asked what i should do if im still waiting on the pixel, and here comes samsung with the "no charge" update? So the rep on the phone said, they absolutely didn't want me to be without a phone, and since i have an order already in for the pixel....and am not close to a store for a loner.....they're shipping the edge and i'll receive it tomorrow.....no connection fee....no tax fee.... no nothing.... until the pixel xl arrives here..... why couldn't that have been offered the begin with

I've been offered the loners over and over, but when you live in the sticks and not close to anything lol....it isn't really an option. And every-time it came up about them shipping me a loner, they couldn't do so without me paying taxes for what would've been the third time now......

At this point, I'll just be glad to be rid of my favorite mistake phone ever lol. (i just wished they could've gave me this solution three months ago.......without all this extra time of loving my phone even more Smiley Sad )

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Congrats!! Really glad to hear at least close to something positive out of all this.